Where the Wild Cranes Are

Wow!! spectacular sewing and a spectacularly generous and inspiring project!!

2 Likes

These are beautiful - I love the print paired with the solid. And ONE THOUSAND? ZOINKS!!! thatโ€™s a lot of random happy people!

2 Likes

I know that rainbow sloth was on cster, who made it & who got it I wonder, hmmโ€ฆ

Weโ€™re about to go camping, Iโ€™ll be leaving a trail of cranes across Ontario! I wish I had more, itโ€™s such a great feeling to know Iโ€™m helping distribute beauty & hope :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

โ€œMyโ€ cranes arrived today. Now I need to think about where to abandon them.

This is going to be fun

7 Likes

I love your project!
And I am in awe of the time and effort you put into it.

If youโ€™re still looking for places to abandon them, I could spread some over here, where I live in Belgium. And perhaps I could ask my family in The Netherlands to help.
I donโ€™t do Instagram (or the big socials) though, could I still help?

2 Likes

I donโ€™t do the socials either, Iโ€™m just emailing my drop off photos :).

2 Likes

This is so cool, what a fantastic thing to do!

2 Likes

As long as you can take a pic of the abandoned crane and email or dm here you donโ€™t need socials.

Shoot an address via DM and Iโ€™ll add you to the list the more the merrier.

2 Likes

Mine should be โ€œflyingโ€ starting tomorrowโ€ฆ

Edit: Itโ€™s tomorrow and the first one flew the coop:

A kids/family concert celebrating the library summer reading events. (It got much more crowded after this was taken.)

7 Likes

Finshed tonight #199-219

I have a light week at work. So Iโ€™m going to try to get to 270. And make a memory quilt.

15 Likes

How lucky to find one of your cranes! I remember making this pattern for Amazon Warrior in Wales at the old site! It was one of my favorite blocks!

Do you have a way of getting feedback if someone wants to post anything when they find these? I have a separate email for RAK and have heard from people, which is fun!

1 Like

I donโ€™t.

Thereโ€™s a hanging label on the back with my logo on it. If someone really wanted to, itโ€™s not a deep Google to find sloth003 online.

I thought about a sticker with the Instagram handle on it. But since they are left outside. And weather can be super unpredictable. Iโ€™d be concerned the ink would run away.

3 Likes

Abandonment #2 - Wheatley provincial park, near Leamington Ontario. The girls are choosing colour sequence order, lol.

ETA, it was gone when we rode our bikes by a little bit later on!

12 Likes

Iโ€™m heading to London-ish for the weekend, I must remember to take one and let it fly.

2 Likes

Abandonment #3 @ Paisley Dreamer in Kingsville Ontario, such a cute shop!

9 Likes

Abandonment #4 Josรฉโ€™s restaurant in Leamington Ontario (the tomato capital of Canada!)

Iโ€™ll come back & reorient that upside down photo when Iโ€™m home at a computer.

There was a painting in the ladies room, felt like an artsy sort of place.

9 Likes

Fifth & final wild crane abandonment in Aylmer Ontario:

10 Likes

Aylmer had me scared for a second. But thatโ€™s a perfect spot.

1 Like

We saw a guy with deliverance haircut & cowboy boots with spurs UNIRONICALLY! Then we found such a hippie shop in town. Radical mixing of styles & philosophy in these parts, wow.

1 Like

Abandonment no.1. left in Rainham, ME8. UK

I was at a mini festival. The crane had flown by the time we packed up this morning

9 Likes