Who can resist a Hippocampus?

I had so much fun in the cryptozoology swap crafting for artsycandice ! Like more fun than I knew I would have creating this super cute crochet hippocampus!
The pattern calls for a much heavy weight yarn but I wanted something a bit smaller in size so opted for a size 5 crochet thread and a smaller hook and went to town. It literally flew off my hook! The patterns very easy to follow and each piece comes out so cute. There was a lot of sewing pieces together, but, the resulting piece made it bearable.

33 Likes

This is adorable! Beautifully done.

1 Like

So. Cute. :hugs:

That second photo is the money shot.

1 Like

So, so cuuuute! Perfect colors, too!

1 Like

Wow! This is so cool!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why do you call it a hippacampus, when the pattern refers to it as a kelpie?

1 Like

in what I found a kelpie is more Scottish in origin and believed to haunt the lochs or Celtic in nature where a hippocampus is half horse half dolphin or fish depending on where you look, so it seemed they were pretty interchangeable

3 Likes

I just love this little one! Great colors! Great shape. Good, right stitches. Well stuffed. Noice!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you for the info dear!

1 Like

That turned out great!

1 Like

Adorable!!! Well done!

1 Like

I think it is just spelled incorrectly in the title…or else, Stephanie has hippa on her mind…lol

1 Like

the hippa always but then it would be hipaa… it’s Stephanie cannot spell in any language!!!

2 Likes

So adorable. Love the color combination.

1 Like

lol it is a professional hazard you have to live with in your job…lol…it is so adorable, you could call it anything! I love the little details you put in…the tiny hooves! Lucky partner!

1 Like

He has nostrils too! Hard to see in the pictures because its all white but they are there. It was an adorable make!

2 Likes

I saw them! And his little ears cup…just a good make overall…cute cute cute!

1 Like

That is so super amazing!! Wow!

2 Likes

Fabulous work. The nostrils & the knee knuckle! Great details.

1 Like