Wild Violet Syrup

I am not typically one for food/drink crafting but I posted on FB about all the wild violets on our sweet Vermont property and a friend linked a website with things to do with violets. The syrup immediately appealed to me because it’s clearly fae magic or science but yeah MAGIC.

It was super fun adding lemon juice and watching it turn pink.

21 Likes

Aren’t they lovely? Such a beautiful gift of spring.

1 Like

OOoo! What a fun way to use those violets!

1 Like

Oh, I had no idea you could do that with violets! We have wild violets all over our yard. I love them!

1 Like

Yum! Sounds fun and tasty :yum:

1 Like

This is the kind of post that would be featured in a glossy magazine that makes all the readers jealous.

2 Likes

Beautiful! How does it taste?

1 Like

I have yet to try it; I’m not big on super sweet drinks. The kid says it tastes vaguely of plant/flower but mostly sugar. He likes it and wants me to continue to make it but mostly because of the magic when added to lemon water. The flavor itself in his opinion is not the deal sealer. That said, other reports online indicate a light floral or grape taste.

4 Likes

Interesting!

1 Like

I made some last year, the colour change is really fun but it tasted of nothingness.

2 Likes

How beautiful! Those colours are wonderful!

1 Like

It sounds cool and the color does make me want to try a sip!

1 Like

This is so fun and sounds tasty!

1 Like

Whoa! This is pure alchemy! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous drinks!

1 Like

This could add a little mystery to other drinks to be sure. The color is lovely- with or without the lemon!

I have read that flower salads were once fairly common, and violets were often featured. Someday I’d like to try one, if nothing else, just to say I did.

1 Like