Winnie the Pooh Harlequin Pouch

I made this pouch for a sewing friend for Christmas, She loves Winnie the Pooh. This was my first time sewing with faux leather and I just love how it turned out.

Also, it was my first time using the pattern and I can see many more in my future :hugs: It’s a free pattern! The Harlequin Pouch

I used my embroidery machine to add the Pooh image onto the vinyl before cutting out the pattern piece and then just sewing as normal to the pattern.

The rose gold zipper tape and honey bee zip pull complimented it so nicely! I was very proud of this gift :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for looking :hugs:

29 Likes

I can see why you are proud of it; it looks super neat and professional. That pattern is very cool; thank for sharing it.

4 Likes

Lol, I was just about to write a comment along the same exact lines! Mine goes like this - you should be proud of this gift, it looks like it was professionally made!

I am impressed by how nicely done this is!

I know you mentioned getting a new embroidery machine in a different post. What is the max hoop size? After reading your other post, I looked up your new machine, but I couldn’t find a hoop size. But I ended up going down the rabbit hole. I started looking at other machines, then I looked up the machine that I want (a Brother Dream Machine), then I started looking for a used version, only to realize it’s still waaay out of my price range…and about an hour later, I decided that my 5x7 machine is just fine for now (while wondering how long it would take me to save up for the dream machine). As a result, I never commented on your gingerbread men, but I quite enjoyed seeing the little tree covered in them!

4 Likes

Super nice and well done! I understand that you are proud of yourself, which you should be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Bernina 570 QE + embroidery module comes with an oval hoop and a medium hoop. There is a really massive one and a midi one too, which is wider.

This video shows them on screen.

My manual is packed away, but I will take a look online and see what I can find for you :hugs:

My machine was (in my mind) very expensive :see_no_evil:, but I used the money that I had saved for holidays for the last 2 years that didn’t happen thanks to lockdowns.

3 Likes

This is a great pouch with such fine finish details! And thank you for posting pictures of it in your hand which really helped me understand the scale.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s so adorable, and so well made, I hope the recipient absolutely loved it!!

Also, that zip… :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

This is how you use machine embroidery on a bag! It flows and works perfectly with the design. Love the colorway and the zipper & zip pull is the cherries on top.

3 Likes

Ack! This is the cutest!!! I bet your friend was ecstatic!!

1 Like

Don’t worry about finding out the hoop size, I was just curious :blush:. That big hoop that they show in the video looks to be pretty decent sized! That was smart to use the holiday money you’d saved. What a great machine to spend it on! I’m looking forward to seeing what else you make with it!
Were you already familiar with Berninas, or was there a learning curve involved?

2 Likes

So flippin’ cute! Seriously well done my friend.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Winnie the Pooh Pouch is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome! :tada:

2 Likes

This is soooo well-made! Just gorgeous, lady!

1 Like

It’s absolutely gorgeous, any Pooh lover would be thrilled to receive something that looks so professionally done.

We have a house to renovate and it will cost so much money I don’t even want to think about it, but I’ve wanted an embroidery machine for literally decades. When the house is done I’ll have a craft room and that’s when I’ll start saving up for an embroidery machine! I’m a Bernina fan and the one you’ve bought is definitely on my shortlist. The local shop has one on display but I don’t want to try it out because I’m not buying one any time soon.

1 Like