Winnie the pooh parallel paths quilt

when i went to quiltcon in february, i saw the parallel paths pattern by sewbrainy designs in a booth, and i instantly knew i wanted it! i purchased a bundle right then and there (and a few more the next day) but before i made the quilt in my size, i wanted to give it a trial run first.
i had never sewn curves before, so i decided to use this as a chance to experience curves without going full blown CURVES. my cousin and his wife had their first little one in july, and this was the perfect opportunity to use up some of my fabric scraps to give it a go.
and i love it!
the colors accidentally ended up matching their nursery color scheme, which i realized after the fact. the pattern went together super easily, and i quilted it on the gamill using the same pantograph i used for their wedding quilt. I had to piece the back in order to make it big enough, but it helped tie in some of the colors as well as break up the hexagons not lining up :slight_smile:
now that i’ve made this one, i totally feel ready to bust in to the larger size.

26 Likes

What a fun pattern! The colors are so well done, great choices of scraps.

1 Like

What a beautiful keepsake! This turned out so cool. I adore the quilted pattern as a contrast against the more geometric shapes of the actual fabric pieces. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

1 Like

You had me a Winnie the Pooh and it kept getting better from there! The curves are really cool. I love it when the backs of quilts have the stripe of coordinating color. It gives it a little more pizzazz to me. This is flawless!

1 Like

This is the sweetest. The colors and the shapes are wonderful.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Winnie the Pooh Quilt is one of this week’s featured projects!

1 Like

What an cool quilt! I love the modern piecework and all the fabrics your chose. This is going to be so cool in your size!

1 Like

How the heck do you sew on curved fabric? It looks challenging. I guess that’s why I’m not a quilter and a pretty mediocre sewer at that.

it was actually a lot easier than expected!
the two templates nested in to each other in their own way, and it was a lot of slow and steady stitching to make sure things stayed lined up :slight_smile:

3 Likes