Winter Holiday Decor Swap GALLERY (SO - 11/13)

That string art! And the quilt! And the nutcracker guy!! What a great package!

But I got an awesome package from @grenouille78, too!

Check it out:

The sweetest little magnetic nativity ever (plus some cute Christmassy bauble magnets) in an awesome storage tin

A fabulous steampunk Christmas Garland of “gearflakes” and steampunk gears and hearts

And I LOOOOVE these towels! Perfect color, and linen… I’m a sucker for linen. (How did she know…?) This photo doesn’t do the color justice- they are actually a deeper red than this.

Clearly a lot of work and love went into this package, and I love it all! Thank you so much!

9 Likes

The steampunk garland of gear flakes!!! :heart_eyes: love!!!

4 Likes

I’m so glad you like your packages @jillybeans and @Bunny1kenobi! I’m really glad the string art made it safely; I was a little worried about that one.

2 Likes

I got my package from @Rlynn!!! I. Am. In. LOVE! :heart_eyes:

My little Krampus :heart::heart::heart:

She also included his little victims :rofl:

And this little guy will get into all sorts of shenanigans with our elf on the shelf :smiley:

I am so excited about all of this and I cannot thank you enough :heart: I think Krampus is gonna be a year round buddy, help me keep the kids in line :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

@QueenHobo oh yay!!! It showed up early! I’m so glad you like Krampus. He took on a life of his own, seriously. He started with just the doll and then I had to make his basket and then my kid told me I HAD to make the victims! Heh! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

@Rlynn He is truly something special :heart::heart::heart: @storerboughtcreation loves the little basket you made and was wondering if you’d be able to explain how you did it or if there was a tutorial? I also had to make sure Krampus made it safely out of her room as she loves him too :joy:

3 Likes

All true. I love what you made for my sister. Except the glittery bird :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you do have a tutorial to share for the basket, that would be amazing.

This swap has shown us so many awesome things :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

I’ll post how I made the basket in a bit. I have taken too long of a break and work is calling me back. :sob:

It was pretty simple once I figured out a pattern that would work. :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay. So the basket, I made using the same method that this person used in this blog post. She has a template that you can use. I didn’t actually use a template because I wanted a tall basket so I made my pattern. I drafted it in paper first to make sure it was about the height I wanted.

She used thick cardboard; I used worbla because I had some on hand from making my kids cosplay. I wanted it to look like an actual basket so I used raffia ribbon instead of yarn. But otherwise I did exactly the same thing.

A fun piece of trivia is that I jumped in with making a pattern and went to work cutting it out. When I made my first round of weaving the raffia in and out of the “spokes” I realized I had made a mistake. You want an ODD number of spokes so you can alternate spokes continuously but I had drawn a pattern with an EVEN number. Every time I would finish making one round, I would have to end by skipping two spokes. If you look inside the basket, you can see a slight spiral design which is the result of me skipping two spokes. :laughing:

3 Likes

Omg that krampus is amaze balls!!! <3

1 Like

:laughing: but…the glittery bird leaves a trail of good cheer and glitter.

3 Likes

Glitter is just craft herpes. Have you seen Peppa Pig? There’s a scene where the teacher has the kids making a project, and they want to use glitter. After they finally convince her, she has to open two safes to get to it. I totally get that teacher. :joy:

3 Likes

Hahaha! My child fully agrees with ya! Elliott gave me major side eye and edged away from me.

3 Likes

My package from @jillybeans arrived!

What can it be…?

First, I opened this kitchen towel with a pretty and festive heat transfer. Between this and @Bunny1kenobi’s towels, my kitchen is well on its way to looking great this Christmas!

Next was this cross stitch trio of snowflakes. I really love the white on the deep blue. They’re so pretty!

And last was this big wall hanging that might look like an advent calendar, but it’s actually a 12 Days of Christmas calendar which I think is fantastic! I love all the different little stockings and how she made it out of wood beads.

To go with the calendar (slipping them into the stockings) is this set of decorated popsicle sticks with different activities to do on each of the 12 days. I haven’t looked at any but this one because I want to keep it a surprise this year. I think this will be really fun and the kids will get a kick out of it!

Thanks so much, @jillybeans!!!

6 Likes

Wow! What an awesome package! I love the 12 Days advent idea!! And such a cute execution of it!

The snowflakes are really pretty, and the towel is really cute too.

3 Likes

What a fun package! Love those snowflakes!

I also received a fantabulous package today!!

First off, this very cheery and festive infinity scarf!

And here I am modeling it. I love it!!

And then there’s this very appropriate 2020 ornament, which made me snort. Perfect!

And then I pulled out this beautiful stocking; it’s in Elliott’s favorite colors!

But that is not all, folks. It is reversible. @QueenHobo made the other side in Trans pride colors. :sob::heart: This is super special! Elliott was so happy. Like cheese smile happy.

And inside his stocking was this super cool spider ornament. Elliott loves spiders! Seriously folks it’s really cute.

Thank you so much! We love everything!!!

3 Likes

Yay!!! I’m so glad he liked it :smiley::smiley::smiley: I just want you to know it took a LOT of courage for me to make that ornament with the spider. My mother in law makes these and when you mentioned you like spiders I immediately called and got one from her :joy:

2 Likes

Wow! And just like that, this swap is complete! Thank you guys so much!!!

3 Likes

What an awesome swap! I really enjoyed this one. Thanks, @gozer! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, gozer! You led an awesome swap, and you were an amazing swap partner! My holiday season is looking so festive and jolly!

2 Likes