Winter Time Book Swap SU: 10.18-11.1, SO: 12.2.23

Wooohooo! Stalking has begun and I’ve got my craft idea. Still noodling on a book.

2 Likes

Check in time! Question of the week:
Have you checked in with your partner?

2 Likes

I just messaged her. I’m so eager to go treasure hunting at my local used bookstore!

2 Likes

Yes! And i started stalking and coming up with ideas.

1 Like

Checked in. Found some books that could work and found a project that may work!

I have a question (maybe this has been asked in previous swaps) any ideas for functional crafts for ebook readers?

2 Likes

I think I have a craft in mind!

2 Likes

Ebook reader covers or a book sleeve to protect the ereader are the only things that come to mind. You could purchase an inexpensive cover for whichever edition/version ereader required and then jazz it up. Something like this:
https://a.co/d/gdz3paI

You could paint that, wrap it in fabric, make elements to glue onto it, turn it into a faux book cover. So many possibilities!

1 Like

Yes! And I’m so excited to be partners with her!

1 Like

Thank you!

What kind of e-reader? I have a faux book cover case for my kindle paperwhite that literally just fell apart. The plastic shell that protects the paperwhite and was glued to the faux book cover is intact though. I could send it your way.

2 Likes

Hmmm…. Let me think on that….
Thanks!

2 Likes

First book related crafts are made :slight_smile:

1 Like

And it doesn’t need to be functional for me! Do whatever your heart feels like making!

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m working on a thing that I hope :crossed_fingers:t3: will turn out. It’s so cute!

1 Like

The book portion of my swap is ready! :grin:

2 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps and wonderful inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love of this great community!

Checking in! :grin:

2 Likes

Me too! 1/2 way done with the craft piece. Even tracked down some yummy local snacks. Books will be last I think.

1 Like

Working on a craft this weekend. It’s not my forte so I’ll have to wait and see if its good enough to send.

I’m traveling this weekend so no craft progress but I acquired a book for my partner!

1 Like