Winter watercolor scene

I did this watercolor yesterday following this YouTube tutorial. I wasn’t super happy with it at first until my husband said to me “you see what the reference looked like, I see what you painted”. Once I was able to get a little space between myself and the details I was really happy with how it came out.

Thanks for looking!

33 Likes

I’m pretty sure I love this for your next holiday card! It’s got such feeling. Really marvellous work

6 Likes

I am totally in love with this. It’s amazing.

Space between the reference and your work is something I struggle with as well. Not knowing what the reference looks like either, I’m in. love. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Okay, I had to check out the reference when you said yours didn’t compare because yours is so beautiful. Dare I say its better than the reference? Your watercolor is gorgeous! Yes, make cards of this.

4 Likes

This is really beautiful!

1 Like

Points to your husband, because this is beautiful. It’s downright soulful.

1 Like

This is beautiful. I really get this feeling of a sun that is shining but not really warming (not that I would know much about that).
Your husband is very smart.

4 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful! The atmosphere is so gorgeous.

1 Like

I think it’s beautiful!

1 Like

Add me to the “make this into cards” club. Great mood and pure winter.

2 Likes

Beautiful!!

1 Like

Oh, this is stunning! Really peaceful and lovely. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Amazing! It really evokes a mood.

2 Likes

Your husband is spot on.

My students are working on a project based on photo references, and I tell them almost the same thing.

I have no idea what your reference was exactly , having not clicked the link…yet, but what I see is…AH-MAY-ZING!

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. You capture that quiet winter feeling so beautifully.

1 Like

I like yours waaaaaay better! Your style is softer and makes this scene even more peaceful. Definitely do cards.

2 Likes

:sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse: Are you feeling the love? Because your lovely craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

It’s really lovely, the light in the sky is exquisite!

He’s very clever, that husband of yours.

2 Likes

You have that pale winter sun spot on!

Water colour is so tricky to copy from a reference. It’s like it has a mind of its own,

2 Likes

Just looking at this brings peace to my heart. Magnificent!

3 Likes