Wirework Penannular Brooches

Scottish Party and Ren Faire are coming up, so I have been in a sort of generally-British-Isles headspace. I have a hand-made cloak clasp from a Faire artisan, that I bought a long time ago, but I have always wanted to make one for myself and for whatever reason, never did. Well, now I have two, and they make great shawl pins too!

16 Likes

So pretty! @Edel you must see these!

That is GORGEOUS! Sooo pretty!

1 Like

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Oooohhhhh!

Where do you get your wire? I haven’t anything like your skills, but would like to have a go

1 Like

Wow, these are very pretty!

1 Like

The round copper wire I am using right now is just from the hardware store, but riogrande.com is where I prefer to get sterling and other shapes of copper wire for jewelry. But starting with soft copper from the hardware store is affordable and accessible for just playing around.

I love how it’s so intricate, but not at all fussy.

1 Like

Thanks! I do prefer wirework that is a little more minimal than a lot of people make, but I’m working on finding that sweet spot where the work isn’t “plain” but is still sort of sleek or maybe “modern” if that is a word that can be applied to wirework. Lol

That said, I decided to decorate the shaft of the pin, and it may have crossed the line into “fussy” lol

6 Likes

I think you’re finding that sweet spot! I am often challenged when shopping for things like house hardware that is simple w/o being plain or too capital-M Modern.

1 Like

STUNNING! I love them so much!

1 Like

Gorgeous work!!

1 Like

Wow! If I could sit at your feet and learn a fraction of this… wow, what a talent you have. Gorgeous!

1 Like

They are stunning! I have wanted to try wire work, but after seeing your work I am both inspired and intimidated!

1 Like

No way! I was looking at your first post and thought it looked like some sort of magic talisman and now it really does! Gorgeous!!!

1 Like