Wishing arch and fairy walk in the woods

I’ve no idea what category this fits in. But I think it’s art-whimsical and magical.

Under severe Corona lockdown we can only go a little over a mile from home, for the purposes of exercise. I’ve been walking in a little woodlands nearby. It’s most beech trees, with trails of only about 4 miles max through the woods. but it’s very pretty.

In one spot there’s a rhododendron that has grown in a complete arch across the path. I decided to turn it into a magical spot for people to stumble on. It’s a small woods, but you don’t often meet other people on the trails.

I started by hanging a couple of ribbons and a flamingo on the arch. Then I made a woodburned plaque -it says ‘wishing arch’. Because we all need to believe in magic.

And to my complete delight, other people have now started hanging things on there. Todays addition was the most bittersweet. Someone had hung up a collar/neckerchief from their dog ‘star’ who had passed over the rainbow bridge. I was so pleased that they had somewhere special to put it, because I’m sure that star also loved the woods.

The other magical thing about the woods, is that there’s a fairy walk. People have made little houses and fairy doors and planted them in little nooks along a different trail

This is a typical path

Fairy disco!

36 Likes

I love this so much! Amazing that one little magical thing can spark so much more.

3 Likes

I really love this! & it’s so amazing that people are adding to it! :smiley:

3 Likes

This is just the best of people! Love it!

3 Likes

Edel, you have such a good heart. For some reason, this made me cry! I love that people are adding to it!

The fairy trail reminds me of the one that @thatnate and her daughter and I went on at the farm we went to during the Maryland meetup at @calluna.

3 Likes

This whole post makes my heart happy. I love Star is endlessly adventuring in the woods. The wishing bow, the wood burned plaque, and the entire fairy walk.

If I ever make it to your Ireland-dia, I hope I get to see this with my own eyes!

5 Likes

Awwwww.

3 Likes

We are going! No “if”…

4 Likes

Yes! No “if”

3 Likes

Awww what a lovely idea, I adore it, and the idea of someone leaving a memorium to their doggy there totally makes me tear up! The Fairy Walk looks lovely too, would love to walk my doggy daughter there!!

3 Likes

We’ll all just pile in and descend, huh?

2 Likes

Yes! I’m in!

I think your wishing arch is beautiful,Edel! What an inspiration you are. :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yup! I’m good with that, first in gets a bed , the rest a sofa :joy:

3 Likes

I love all the photos. This made my morning.

2 Likes

This is so utterly cool and magical! Love that you — and everyone else who share the wood — have found ways to lift each other up!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this.

2 Likes

This is so lovely!

2 Likes

It looks like your original idea of sparking a little magic has taken off with the other trailwalkers! I love all the little adornments on the tree. The fairy trail is neat, too!

2 Likes

This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Wishing Arch is one of this week’s featured projects. You are AWE-SOME!

4 Likes