Wisteria Halo

I actually finished this for the convention I attended last July, but never got around the posting it. The last few months of 2022 were really rough, but I’m trying to get back in the saddle. :slight_smile:

This piece is my personal interpretation of wisteria kanzashi - which are one of the most popular types of kanzashi (Japanese hair accessories). They are usually gathered into one pin, but I wanted to do something that spread the tendrils of petals out a bit more and give it an ethereal feel.

The butterflies are wire wrapped frames with holographic film and resin. I repurposed the butterflies from an older project that I took apart. I tend to take things apart if I think they aren’t working and make new things with the old pieces.

Last November I also took part in a local fashion show / Wearable Art Gala, so I was able to get some photos of models actually wearing my work - which was really great.

Here’s some bonus pictures of my goldfish pieces from the fashion show. :slight_smile:

I had some cherry blossom pieces that were also in the show, but I don’t really like the photos that were taken (they were ok, but didn’t really show the pieces well). One of my goals is to work with a photographer and eventually produce a look book of my work.

21 Likes

Wowwwwww!!! You do beautiful work and it deserves to be showcased like this! A look book sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

Wow! Gorgeous pieces! You must have lots of bits and bobs to pick from in your stash to make such cool things. I imagine fun boxes and drawers full of treasures being rifled through to find the perfect additions to these pieces.

So very pretty! Complex, but appears simple at first glance which is a very nice thing!

Simply stunning! Your work is so ethereal and beautiful.

Love everything about it. :heart_eyes: Your work is amazingly beautiful.
Like something from a fairytale.

This is AMAZING!

Seeing your work modeled is so next level! They are seriously beautiful and make the wearer look magical! Amazing!

:boom: Woohoo!! This fantastic project is featured this week! :boom:

1 Like

Gorgeous and I love to see it modeled. I always wondered what they looked like on. Stunning!

1 Like