Witch Runes

My daughter loves tarot, spells, and all things witchy, so I thought I’d make her a set of witch runes for Christmas. My mother in law brought us a big box of craft supplies that a friend of hers was getting rid of, and there was a wood burning tool in it, so I decided to burn the runes into pieces of a branch. We found a fallen branch and my husband cut it into small discs for me. I had to try several times with a few of the more complicated runes (like the bird) but I love how they turned out (especially for my first wood burning project) and I think my daughter will enjoy them. I found a free instructional booklet online that I printed and bound to go with them, and I had a pouch waiting for a purpose to put them in.

15 Likes

Nice! These are great for a first-time burner. Are they on both sides or just the one? I’m not familiar with witch runes. All I can think of are the bones used in the movie Willow :laughing:

2 Likes

These are so cool! It seems like a hard project for your first one. Id be scared of burning my fingers. I love how unique and authentic these look.

1 Like

Single sided, they are a divination tool and which symbols land right side up are part of how they are used so they need to have a blank side. Good thing too, as it meant I only had to worry about getting the one side right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was tricky because they are so small. I did burn my fingers a couple of times, but fortunately they weren’t bad burns.

1 Like

They came out beautifully!

2 Likes

What a thoughtful gift for your daughter! They turned out so nice, especially for a first project.

2 Likes

That’s some amazing burning for a first-timer! Great job!

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing for your first woodburning project. They look great!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

What a wonderful gift! I love that you cut a branch for the wood slices.

1 Like

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: Ring-a-ding-ding! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell:

1 Like

Oh wow! Thank you!