Wonky Birds

I started making backgrounds for the most recent 4x6 Swap without even knowing what I’d put on them. Then I remembered I had pinned some cute bird ideas awhile ago and decided try making some in my style. I made 4, three for the swap and one for myself but didn’t know which I should keep so let my hubby pick.

This was his choice, which surprised me because he laughed when I was drawing the legs so I thought he didn’t like them but apparently he laughed because they were cute.

I probably would have picked this one

IMG_3945

I’m planning to make more projects with these birds.

26 Likes

These are all so cute and I’m thrilled I got one. I hope you scanned them. They would make cute cards!

2 Likes

Didn’t scan them, I guess I’ll have to make more on cards.

3 Likes

These are adorable!

2 Likes

You photographed them, that should work.

1 Like

Love!

2 Likes

Adorably funny! 2nd last angry red bird is my fave. The disapproval in those eyes is so fantastic. Fun!

2 Likes

These are so full of personality!! I love those wobbly legs, too! :laughing: Definitely Cindy-style awesome.

2 Likes

It’s amazing what pupil placement can convey.

1 Like

Aww, thanks :blush:

2 Likes

These are fun, definitely put a smile on my face.
I first just looked at the birds, because they are so cute. But then also looked at the backgrounds, and those are wonderful too.

2 Likes

I love how vibrant they are and the neon-esque colors you used.

2 Likes

Neon-esque is my go to colour choice :smiley:

2 Likes

The bright birds look great against that speckled background. Love the wonky branches and the wavy bird legs and the way the birds interact with each other. Super cute facial expressions, too!

1 Like

The expressions are fun to think up, just what would this one think about the one beside him :smiley:

1 Like

They’re all so cute, but the ones with the upside down birds tickle me the most.

1 Like

Stop! These are so frickin’ cute I can’t stand it! :scream::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Darling birds!

1 Like

Oh my word I love these.

1 Like

So true! The upside down bird has that disengaged look of pupils too far apart. Like doyyweeee, lol!

Also, LOVE the spatter! Speckles are magical.

1 Like