Wooden Chopper

Forgot to woodburn the date and my nephew’s name into it, but meh, maybe I can do it even with the mineral oil on it. :no_mouth: .

15 Likes

You are amazingly fast at making these toys! The helicopter is very sleek and attractive, and looks like it will have a lot of play value. When my son was small, he would have been spinning that whirly part constantly!

Same…Wait! No! I still do that, and mouth the sounds, too :rofl:. :musical_note: I don’t wanna grow up.

2 Likes

This looks like it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

My son would have loved something like this when he was younger. Actually he would even now :rofl:

1 Like

This is soo cool! Amazing details!!

Beautiful job! You are a wonder with wood working!

Ok, hold on. You keep saying you dont think things are going to work and then you make magic happen. Look at this stunner! The tiny details are so impressive and it looks so rich, warm and inviting to touch in the finished form. You don’t give yourself nearly enough credit. Your talent is obvious- from the paintings you’ve done to these wooden toys and then also the miniatures on top of all that. The fact that you are making these with improvised tools and “off the cuff” thinking is a testament to your creativity and ingenuity.

2 Likes

Auto-reverse-psychology, heh.

Not this time, and hopefully not as much as before. I helped my wife’s employer for Mother’s Day deliveries (she’s a floral designer), and made enough to purchase a cheap drill press and a cheap standing belt sander (plus my wife let me not pay her back for a scroll saw). So maybe…just mabe I’ll get far more detail and far more things created.

Not today, though. Stupid palm bone is hurting like mad if I put any pressure on it. I used to get this on the top of my foot every so many years, :no_mouth:, and I thought that was annoying. Nope, in my hand it is much worse. HAH!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! The detail!