Word suggestion disabled?

For the last day or so, my Kindle hasn’t been suggesting words when I type–but only on LC. It works fine everywhere else. It used to work here, too.

Did something get changed? It’s a real nuisance!

I haven’t noticed a problem with it on my Android phone in the Samsung Internet app.

1 Like

Hmmmm. I will try on my kindle tonight and let you know if I have the same issue.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing yesterday. I didnt realise it was only LC, but now I think about it…

I am on a Samsung phone.

1 Like

I just did another update, so maybe they removed that in our core code. I will check!

1 Like

It’s still not working for me.

Is this still an issue for you?

It’s still an issue for me. I am using a samsung phone.

Yep, no change.
I have to tipe and corpect every wold myself.

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

Chiming in as well - no spelling correction/suggestion. And I’m a horrid speller.

On android, tablet, and desktop.

Also, was just signed out on all devices. Don’t know if that was part of it.

1 Like

Yes I was signed out today too.

Checking back on this. I just did a run through on the tablet to see if I turned off the spelling? But if it’s just us, that’s a very small group.

I wonder if it’s just android devices?

1 Like

I thought mine was fixed, but I think I have just gotten better at typing, so I don’t have to fix too many mistakes! Silver linings hey?

whispers surely they’re not all weirdo apple users? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I checked commentary for Discourse. The last post on the topic was several years ago, and they indicated it’s reliant on the browser to spell check, etc. Except my mobile and the tablet don’t allow for right clicking (regardless of what multiple searches offered), which is how tutorials indicate you determine if you have spell check on or not.

I’m on desktop now, and it’s offering it. I might just try to use the desktop on my tablet and see if it appears.

1 Like

Well, desktop opens on tablet just fine but it’s still not checking. I think this is a lost cause and I will just have brush up on my spelling as well!

1 Like

It’s word suggestion that’s a problem for me. It’s a real pain to type on the (kindle) tablet but with word suggestion I can type a couple of letters and then touch on the the word I want. Now I’m experimenting with dick dating (it has misspelled that particular word several times –dictating) Instead of typing. I have to go back and correct a lot though.

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Oh no. No no.

1 Like