Woven Tea towels - my first

After taking a weaving course in August, I decided I liked it enough to buy a loom so I could weave at home. A friend, who has taught weaving for many years, offered to sell one of her smaller looms and then owners of a local yarn store retired and had a great sale, so I was able to get set up for a very reasonable price.

I ‘pestered’ @photojenn with questions, picked the brain of my instructor, watched lots of videos on weaving and how to set up a loom and off I went.

I’m proud of my first two tea towels and learned lots of things not to do …

After shrinkage and hemming they are 16” wide and 22ish” long

Same colours used for both, definitely won’t do another one like the left side. Those who know me are probably thinking, these aren’t Cindy’s colours, and you’re right, my hubby chose them.

On the loom

Fresh off the loom

In use

26 Likes

They’re beautiful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you are experimenting with your newest craft. The towel looks great in your kitchen.

1 Like

They look great! And it’s good to try things outside of your regular colors because it will allow you to look at the project from a different angle, which I think is helpful with a new craft. Can’t wait to see what else you make!

1 Like

The shades feel very autumn-y, and they look great (even if they’re not your colours of choice).

2 Likes

They look great for your first towels, well done!

1 Like

You’re off to a roaring start!

1 Like

Fantastic!

1 Like

They look great! And you’ve woven them so fast. I think the colours are perfect for autumn.

1 Like

I love them! Awesome colours.

1 Like

They are both beautiful. You should be so proud of yourself!

1 Like

I definitely like the more colorful one, but I also think the more subtle one is well done and lovely for fall!

So glad that you are enjoying and learning a new hobby.

1 Like

Awesome job on both! They’re gorgeous.

1 Like

Beautiful!!! The first of many, I am sure! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Great job on your first towels!

1 Like

They are beautiful! I love the colors too. That purple looks awesome against the gold color.

2 Likes

Fantastic! I love that you are rocking a new skill!

2 Likes

These are really pretty. I agree, I like the one of the right better. Brighter colors. But both are cool.

2 Likes

These are so great and perfect for the season!

1 Like