Yellow Sunny Traveler's Notebook

I made this Traveler’s Notebook for @SonjaBoo in the Box of Color swap. She asked for yellows and oranges to maker her own sunshine. She also said she loves papercraft items. I had purchased a blank white canvas Traveler’s Notebook shell and instantly knew that I would customize it for her.

I used acrylic paints and spray inks to decorate the cover.

Here it is closed:

Here it is open (and upside down):

The journal holds two notebooks. I made the notebook inserts with gelli printed covers using the same paint as the cover for continuity.

I used her sunshine theme for the first insert:

And the second insert I folded up to make a pocket to hold ephemera and filled it with lots of yellow goodies:

23 Likes

I love this! So pretty and handy! And the Kwality monster tucked in there is just one more ray of sunshine!

4 Likes

So bright and cheery! Love it!

2 Likes

This is great! I’m a big fan of TNs and your custom one is so cool!

2 Likes

Very cool! Love the design on the cover. You are a magician with paint.

2 Likes

Wonderful! So bright & happy. What does it say there, what kind of fruit? lol :lemon: :banana: :pineapple: :corn: :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

It’s a little card front that says, “If you were a fruit, you’d be a Fineapple!” Ha! Weird, but it was yellow and I had it on hand. :slight_smile: I got a set in a package that was missing the envelopes and had a dent on the folds of the cards for $0.25 when I went shopping. I scooped them up because it was funny. I just cut off the dented spot (and back) and added it in for giggles. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is so awesome. Travelers Notebooks are so much fun and I love using them. I like how bright and cheery it is. I am sure your partner was thrilled! The smile on the sun is contagious.

2 Likes

My goodness this is cool! Really great (and sunny) details through out the whole thing.

1 Like

So bright and cheery…I love it!

1 Like