Yellow Window Cat

I am determined to use up at least half of my yarn stash this year. No sense in letting them languish in a storage bin. However, since I have moved to warmer climes, I really don’t need more hats and scarves. I will still make them to donate, but for myself or for others, I wanted to make more fun stuff. Not everything needs to be practical, right?

The stash I really want to work on are my bins of DK weight yarn. So many leftovers from making blankets just have to be used up.

This pattern was challenging with the decreases, increases and miles of stockinette but I really enjoyed it! I want to make a few more (just not immediately…). Unfortunately, it only took about half a skein of the DK yarn, but I have plans for it already.

Still thinking what to name her…my two black male cats don’t like her much so she is on a high shelf in my guest room library for now. I had her in “their” window, but they were having none of it. Any suggestions on a name?

The Window Cat Free Pattern on Ravelry

19 Likes

The Golden Demon. Looking at it from your cats’ perspective.

Really cute, makes me want to make one!

2 Likes

Oh yay, another “operation use up yarn!”

Such a cute kitty.

4 Likes

It worked for you! Now my turtle has a friend in the library…ha ha ha!

2 Likes

Aw! What’s not to love??

She looks like a Daisy to me for some reason. :smile:

2 Likes

I would name it some combination of your other cats’ names just to honk them off even more. Especially since she looks so sweet. But I’m like that.

2 Likes

Look at her sweet expression, and I’m not even a cat person. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Your kitty is so sweet. I just want to squish her.

1 Like

Aw, look at her rosy cheeks! She looks so much cuter now that she has a face.
:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

She is adorable! Love the way you tinted her face. She has such a tenative “will you love me?” face that you can’t help but want to snuggle.
What are your boy cats names?

1 Like

Spud is my oldest cat. He is 16. Rocket is the youngest. He is 6. We are looking to adopt two more this summer since Rocket is becoming a pest to Spud. He wants to play all the time; Spud wants to sleep instead!

I had a blonde cat when I was in college. I think I will name her Kiku, which means chrysanthemum in Japanese. A sort of Daisy, @Abbeeroad !

"What is the meaning of Kiku?

Chrysanthemum

What is the meaning of the name Kiku? The name Kiku is primarily a female name of Japanese origin that means Chrysanthemum. Chrysanthemum is a daisy with white ray flowers and a yellow center".

7 Likes

Awwww! She’s her own pajamas! Kiku the library kitten!

2 Likes

Sandy?

2 Likes

She’s lovely!

1 Like

She’s gorgeous! I think this pattern has been in my ravelry queue for ages, you’ve inspired me to see if I could try it.

1 Like

Kiku is a great name! She’s adorable!

2 Likes

What a sweet rosy little fluff!

1 Like

:hole: The LC groundhog says…this project rocks! :metal: Congrats on being featured!

2 Likes