Yet Another Junk Journal

I wanted to share my latest junk journal. I have been working on it for quite some time. Finding motivation has been difficult for me, but I did it!

The cover has polymer clay details:

I embroidered the (open) spine. Here is a tip: donโ€™t use thick velvet upholstery fabric while also trying to keep your embroidery tidy - you will fail:

And one shot of the open book to show off the envelope I designed for my Cricut, which was my first home-grown project:

As with the few others I created, I did a video flip through. This one got kind of long (15-minutes) as I did some explanation this time. Here is the link.

Iโ€™d love to hear your feedback!

21 Likes

Itโ€™s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

What an accomplishment! I love the open spine with the embroidered velvet.

3 Likes

The spine is fabulous!!

3 Likes

Love this!

3 Likes

This is soooo fun to look at! I love all the mushrooms!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh that spine! Iโ€™m not a swooner, but swoon!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous! great job!

3 Likes

All the details. You can tell this was a labor of love. The texture on the front and those mushrooms are spectacular. The binding is incredible. Love the tone that it sets. Absolutely lovely.

2 Likes

That texture is absolutely gorgeous! What a cool journal!

2 Likes

:tada: :tada: Congratulations, your fabulous project is a featured project this week :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

The spine is very cool, nice work!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your kind feedback! I really enjoyed working on this - despite that I had a general lack of enthusiasm for doing anything crafty at all. You are all so encouraging and sweet!

1 Like

I really appreciate all the layers and the overall color family you chose. Just lovely.

1 Like

Itโ€™s amazing!
The polymer clay and embroidery details on the cover are awesome!

1 Like

That cover is amazing!!!

Did you make to polymer clay features separately and then glue them on to the cover?

1 Like

Did you make to polymer clay features separately and then glue them on to the cover?

Yes indeed. I just got the polymer bits all ready and actually assembled the book entirely before gluing them on. I didnโ€™t want the extra weight or the 3D-edness of it all to make it hard to work on the construction, so saved that for the very last step.

1 Like