Yet More Swap Ornaments

Here are a couple more ornaments made for the recent Ongoing Ornament Swap. Both were made for @Lothruin.

First, for her llama theme:

It is wool felt with loops of chenille yarn. And a few sequins and Pom poms.

Next, for her “thrifted/2nd hand materials” theme:

I’m proud to say that 99% of the materials were thrifted or second-hand. (Only exception was the hot glue.)
The base is a little baking tin. I cut some of it off to make it a bit smaller. Then drilled 3 holes in it and added the hanger and the dangling little bells.

Then added the bottle brush trees and the plastic foliage (from a tacky vintage candle ring.) I think the leaping deer was meant to go in a corsage or flower arrangement; it had a pipe cleaner stuck to it, which I put through a hole I drilled in the back. A sequin hides the attachment point.

Added the edge trimmings last. The “Merry Christmas” message is leather or vinyl “ribbon” I found at a garage sale.

I may need to make another leaping deer ornament for myself. I especially liked how that one turned out, with its vintage-kitschy vibe.

This swap was a blast!

19 Likes

You totally knocked it out of the park with Lothruin’s ornaments! They’re top notch!

2 Likes

You’re an ornament making machine!

P.S. I still treasure my elf-in-a-tin ornament I received from you in the Sweat Shoppe swap a couple of years back. It reminds me a lot of your second ornament in this post!

2 Likes

The little baking tin is the coolest! Love the vintage feel

And the loops on the llamas fur are perfect! Only made cuter by the little Pom Pom accents

1 Like

Yes, it’s basically a variation on the elf ones!

4 Likes

Those are both phenomenal! I love the llama one best, but I’m a bit partial to llamas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eeep! Those are wonderful and I love the vintage feel of them.

That llama is adorable and so well done! I’m impressed that your thrifted ornament was completely made out of thrifted materials!

1 Like

These are all so cute but that llama, my goodness. The loopy loops!

1 Like

Made this one for me!

The base of this one is a vintage cookie cutter.
The packages under the bottle brush tree are actually a holiday earring from the 1980’s.

3 Likes