___ Your Couch - A NSFW Birthday Card for my Sofa King

TheMisterT gifted me with “a fancy couch, anything you want” for my 50th birthday. TheMisterT is also a big fan of quoting a particular line about a couch from The Chappelle Show of yore.

When I stumbled upon this fairly simple sofa card svg, I had to get it to make for him for his May birthday.

He went above and beyond in presenting me with my gift by busting out a pretty cool paper craft while I was away on errands twice/week.

Did he waste use some of my “good cardstock”? That’s a matter of perspective…

WORTH IT! :heart_eyes:

24 Likes

The couch scene is something I get re-obsessed with every couple of years, so I am quite happy about this. :grin: :couch_and_lamp:

1 Like

Ha! Sofa king, indeed!! :joy:

1 Like

That is great! I am laughing because our priorities change so much from 20-???..from fancy high heels to a fancy couch…lol

1 Like

Love the sofa!

My husband has made me popup cards for Valentine’s day and my birthday. He sneaks into my craft room and finds what he needs. I’ve tried to lead him to the fancy patterned cardstock, but he’s kind of stuck on construction paper and this hideous neon brights cardstock.

He complained about my ribbon selection last time because it’s too narrow, and ugly colors. That’s because he found the box of (expensive) silk ribbon for embroidery, and didn’t look in the next box over, which is full of cheap and colorful ribbons.

Maybe I need to dedicate a drawer for “his” supplies, and hide the ugly and expensive stuff.

4 Likes

ha ha Good idea! I had to bite my tongue because my hubby once used some of my expensive hand spun yarn to tie up a present…to him, it was just string…but at least he knows not to use my fabric shears…that would mean he would be pushing up tulips in the backyard!

3 Likes

I remember you first talking about the sofa and this is the most perfect card indeed!

Great couch card! Love the layers of meaning, too.

LOLOL…Mr. Road and I may have introduced our son to that skit not that long ago while quoting it randomly at the dinner table. Still cracks us up.

That a great card and sentiment. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! I’m so glad there are some people here who already get the joke! I almost didn’t post this one. :thinking:

@AIMR @steiconi Oh, I have had mixed feelings about it for sure! He also got into the good double-sided cardstock for a cake topper he made for Valentine’s Day - paper that was purchased on spec to make something for him and he didn’t even use the “right” side of it! I just have to (very deliberately) choose the tickled-he’s-making-me-things and happy-for-his-accomplishments and appreciating-his-engaging-in-my-interests feelings over my dragon-protecting-her-hoard and mourning-the-loss feelings… IT’S SO HARD! :sweat_smile:

I am trying to be better about cleaning up after projects before starting the next (I’m only doing a little better) and when tidying up putting things nearer the front/top of my stashes that I am more comfortable with him using. But then… I deserve the good materials, don’t I? :thinking:

4 Likes

I read Sofa King and was laughing before I even opened the link. This is awesome.
At least he didn’t use your scissors. I am normally cool about people using my craft items, but if you touch my scissors! Oh no!!!

3 Likes

Well, he may be sort of bumbling in the craft department, but he’s no fool! He knows about scissors! And generally my fabric and specialty scissors are not as easy to access as others. He did use my craft knife (which is fine) instead of his very own craft knife when he knows full well where it is kept!

1 Like

That is awesome!!!

How cool!

Marc can use anything from my stock, in fact, my stock is his stock, but he’s gotta ask me for it. I won’t have anyone but me dig in my stock. I am too organized for that.
But he also has his own stock in his own craft room (where he repairs the flight helmets he collects). He even confiscated my old sewing machine, for sewing visor covers and straps of oxygen masks.
He loves using heavy construction paper for the beautiful three dimensional cards he draws and crafts. Like this one, for our daughter last year:

2 Likes

Nailed it!

Thanks so much, everyone!

1 Like