You're My Lobster Shirt

“Why yes, I AM your lobster shirt.”

A quick sew, which is very out of character for me.

Lining up the print on this one was a piece of cake, only had to take care NOT to turn it upside down as it’s a one-way print.

Fabric: Fabric Traditions

Pattern: McCalls 7360

12 Likes

Very jaunty! I’m a lover of crustacean imagery and this is no exception.

2 Likes

You do the best alterations to a pattern!

2 Likes

Your lobster shirt would be a huge hit here in PEI.

1 Like

So cool! Of course, now I’m hungry….

Cute! I just bought a tiny lobster figure the other day for my husband…because he’s my lobster :joy:.

1 Like

@gozer There’s very little resemblance to the original pattern ;). Necklines? Sleeves? Interchangeable.

1 Like

I kept looking at the pattern and then your shirt, and at first, I thought you had uploaded the wrong image. Then I remembered it was you, and you are magical.

1 Like

@gozer

A pattern is merely a suggestion.

I have a few favorite patterns that I use as a starting point. This one is “front with darts, back with yoke.” Some of my others in heavy rotation are “front with dart, back with center seam,” “raglan,” and “princess seam.”

I decide if I’m in the mood to make a collar, and if so, what kind. Collars and necklines are interchangeable, for the most part.

Button front or not? Sleeves, long or short, puffy or straight?

I don’t tend to sew patterns with decorative elements like interesting seaming or embelishments, because I favor prints, and you can’t see the sewing details in the busy-ness of a print.

Some others from this pattern:
with a collar

button front

same as lobster version

6 Likes