Zoom Anniversary Crafting Party

I’ll have to look into that loom kinda thing. I love the look of knitted socks but I can’t knit worth a dang. How long does one sock take? What would I Google to find that kinda loom thing?

6 Likes

THANKS FOR THIS! My tablet would not keep up, so I ended up not being able to do a gallery view which means I missed a lot of lovely faces. :cry: Still it was lovely to hear disembodied voices that I knew were real ( :upside_down_face: ) and spend some time crafting with kindred spirits! I was able to remove all the (blasted) sequins from the seamline of another reversible sequin pillow cover I’m making. It was A LOT nicer to do while listening to friends!

8 Likes

I’m having fun just :heart: ing away… at this thread! We all know I love to click :heart: !! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

It was great to just hang out with so many familiar faces and many new ones! I made progress on my granny rectangle afghan. Hopefully there will be more of these in the future!

8 Likes

Me tooooo :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

I feel as though I need to heart things far more often! :smile:

Great to see everyone, very interesting stories too! So many connections in this community. I got the aqua tower done, too. It’s programmed and we will have plants in a few weeks.

10 Likes

Thank you, @kittykill, for always being the hostess with the mostest! :heart:

Sorry I was in and out. School was abuzz with teachers prepping for students to return on Monday. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here is what I did during the call. Just adding a bit of fun and color to a random, unloved nook on campus. Kids and staff can leave and take what they need. :art:

14 Likes

15 Likes

I hope you’ll give us some updates as things start to grow! I’d love to see it.

6 Likes

This is what I worked on during the party. I didn’t ever show it cause it was hard to see all the pencil lines at first. And then it looked like a disaster for a bit

I have lots of work left to do on it.

14 Likes

This brought back some fond memories…Jim and I grew things hydroponically when we were in our early 20’s…I was surprised it never caught on much since it was so self-sufficient. We grew lettuce, among other green things…and we did have fish as well to help recycle waste water…I know the kids will learn a lot and it is one small thing about nature and knowing how to sustain ourselves without ravaging the world…this really brought me a lot of hope for the future of our world…please keep us in the loop…

10 Likes

I knitted an adult ankle sock in about 9 days (one sock), working on it an hour or two a day. I’m probably a bit slow.

Look for ‘sock knitting looms,’ small gauge looms (1/4" - 3/8"). Knitting Board (KB) makes them - adjustable and not adjustable. CinDWood looms also does sock looms. Amazon carries a lot of different ones, too.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ve got Amazon cards to use up right now so maybe I’ll do some shopping. :grin:

4 Likes

We have been running two large towers inside the house for the last year or so. Mostly herbs but we also grow tomato. I’ll find a photo to post up. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

14 Likes

Sounds (reads) like this was loads of fun!
Too bad it wasn’t at a right time for me over here in Europe.
Nevertheless, I’m glad you all got to virtually get together.

4 Likes

When I remembered what day it was I decided against joining since I was a bit tired and since I really need to get my sleep habits reset for work. All this time off has made me nocturnal :owl:

Soooo… did I go to bed at a reasonable hour? Of course not! But at least I woke up at a semi normal time this morning :sweat_smile:

I hope you all had fun!

5 Likes

I have also become my normal nocturnal self…fortunately, I don’t need to work at any specific time, but staying up until 2-4 am and then getting up around 10-11 has messed me up as well…I am not sure if I should keep to what feels more “natural” to me or try to get back into “normal” mode before it become an unsocial habit! lol

2 Likes

Lol! I get up between 4-5 every morning.

The loom I have is the KB Sock loom

I just ordered a larger one for bigger socks. The one I have is 52 pegs but it won’t make larger sizes.

The first sock took me two weeks but that is because I only did an hour or two at night and I had no idea what I was doing. This one is going much faster so for Jr at least I think a pair will take a couple of weeks.

8 Likes

It was great to see people I’ve met before ( hellooo, @roler ) and putting (moving) faces and voices to people I have been swapping and even more crafting along ( :wave: to the HPC and Need Battle people!!).

Sooo glad it was at a fairly reasonable hour for me where I could also sneak away from the rest of the family ( but the twins obviously had to make an appearance whenever I’m on a Zoom call :laughing: ). Looking forward to more zoom! Thank you, @kittykill for organising! :heart:

9 Likes