Zoom Class Teacher Sign Up

This will be the impetus I need to finally make some of your beautiful beads!!! I actually have a project in mind and need those beads!!! I want to bind a journal with them so, thanks for taking on this class!!!

I wasnt sure if people wanted scrappy beads or snails so I’ll take this as a vote for the former! I gotta work on some samples…

3 Likes

@Magpie, Jennie and I will be reaching out to you this week to get the ball rolling about what you need from us, dates and other fun stuff. I’m excited about this class! It is going to be fun.

1 Like

Hey gang! Bunny1Kenobi needed to change her class from October to 2022. Does anyone want to take on a class in October? No worries if you are good with the month you currently have-just asking.

Here is what I have so far:
Sept @Magpie
Oct
Nov @Edel
Dec @MistressJennie
Jan @jemimah
Feb @Bunny1kenobi
March @steiconi

2 Likes

I still have a some pieces from the meetup to make a few more beads like my first one :smiley: need to dig out that little baggie ASAP!

2 Likes

I know I wasn’t an original teacher, but I’m willing to jump into the Oct slot. Thinking of offering a class on a clothesline bracelet. Same technique as my necklace tutorial, with some refinements. I would be able to offer a kit.

If that is something folks would be interested in? No worries if not or if someone else wants to take Oct. Just offering! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think folks would be interested! That would be awesome if you want to teach it! Thanks!

3 Likes

OK! I will fill out the form. I guess worse case is no one signs up, lol. :laughing:

1 Like

I missed that post! I would be interested…I really like textural jewelry! Again, those would be excellent gifts to friends who have everything and love handmade items!

1 Like

Your necklace looks super cool!! I must have missed it when you first posted it. I’d be keen to try that - I haven’t done much jewellery, but I think I have all the stuff I’d need to try that. Inspiring!

1 Like

Oh @Abbeeroad I was thisclose to messaging you to ask if you might be interested, & I just bookmarked that tutorial not 2 days ago to try with some beach stones I collected last week. Woo, spooky, & it’s not even October yet!

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

I have plans to make a scrappy version soon. I’ve been quietly refining the clasp part (really just getting actual hardware) as I feel like that is the weak spot of the piece.

Thanks to everyone who is making this possible. Seriously, you guys rock! Magpie’s class was a huge success! The people who couldn’t make it loved watching the video afterwards. We even had people sign up after the class was held. So awesome!

I know that real life can get in the way of our fun-boo on that! So, the class schedule for the next three months looks like this:
October: No class being held
November: Mistress Jennie’s small batch canning
December: Abbeeroad’s bracelet

The classes in November and December will be so awesome for the holiday season coming up! I love it!
In December I will check in with our 2022 teachers/classes.

8 Likes

Who was it on the old site who made those awesome goals books each year? That would be a fun class in January.

2 Likes

Was it @Smeddley?

If you’re talking about the ridiculous 50 goals of 50 items each aiming for a 50% success rate… that blossomed into the even more ridiculous 100 goals of 100 items each in 2014… yes, that was me! :smiley: I still have all the text and pictures from those posts, I think… I tried to grab a bunch of that stuff before the old site when kapoot.

4 Likes

Maybe you could trim it down to 25 or 30 pages. It was all the page layouts and designs I remember.
I’m a terrific starter of things, and a very poor finisher. But I always admired the book and you seemed to enjoy making it.

Oohh it sounds really interesting @Smeddley care to share a few pix

1 Like

I hope this is still in the works, @jemimah , because I have no clue HOW
I MISSED this discussion until today!!
These classes sound like so much fun, esp when I am familiar with the instructors already through our fun zoom craftalong sessions!
This is all so very exciting!

2 Likes

Yes! I have been thinking about it - the schedule will be sorted out closer to the time, but I’m definitely still planning to be available to do this sometime in the new year :grinning:

4 Likes