Zoom Class Teacher Sign Up

Some thoughts:

• Exploring the laser process (software, machines, materials, finishing, etc) from a laser-addict.
  • Ribbon birds like this: bird
  • Crafts with kids: soap carving, friendship or paracord bracelets, lanyards, felted soap bars, bubble painting, slimes…
  • Chainmail basics
  • Sewn circuits
5 Likes

Ooohhh circuits too! Yes please!

I’m not sure at this time. I’ve never done Zoom and would have to test that out.

I’m really not in a position to do kits at this time. I am considering, depending on how many are interested, providing a set of my tools.

But first we have to get my area moved and set it up so it functions better than my cramped current area does now. Also need to have my van back, being without my own transportation for a year is a pain.

5 Likes

I think there will be a period of trial and error as things get worked out. Right now, we are all exploring this avenue together. Everyone is just excited now and we want it and we want it now…lol.

You do have a lot on your plate as do many others…but we can’t help admiring your felting skills…

2 Likes

If I can get some kind of setup figured out for Zoom and my room & stash sorted out I can do a beading class for those lattice style necklaces/bracelets. Sometime in September or maybe later. I can prep & mail kits before though!

That class was so much fun in Asheville (also my first time teaching), but I think the length we managed was about an inch, more like a beaded bead – so for those who want to actually want to finish a bracelet or a necklace I’m up for further zoom/skype sessions/craftalongs and troubleshooting along the way. This really takes time.

Like knitting and crochet, two beginner classes I’d join myself. Also watercolours. I have the materials I think, I just don’t really know what to do with them. And it would be a lovely start to be shown how to do it by friends here.

4 Likes

Thanks all for your interest!
So, we are looking at doing these monthly. We are looking for September through the first of the year/spring.

Think about what month you would like and I will be reaching out to you in the next week with information.
The original post has what you are interested in teaching.

1 Like

I’m on the list for scrappy beads but maybe scrappy snails? Whatever there’s more interest in.

Hey gang! I am putting the finishing touches on the sign up form. Sorry for the delay-I am finishing summer school. I should have the link to the form by Monday at the latest.

1 Like

Also, think about what month/date you would like. Sept until the end of the year are open.

1 Like

I want to give you a firm date… but as we are moving in September and still unsure of what that’s going to entail (including WHERE we’re moving), I’m feeling a bit in limbo. Maybe Oct or Nov?

2 Likes

I can likely do Sept. Everybody back from holidays & in school, working, etc. Mine is just scrap fabric so not a big supply list.

2 Likes

Me, better in October/Nov, things still in flux in my house.

1 Like

I’m pretty open as far as either a charm bracelet class or an intro to canning class. For the intro to canning, I could either do a small batch Christmas/holiday jam (cranberry, spices & strawberries), for folks to make as Christmas gifts and hold the class in November or early December. Or I could do a small batch strawberry jam, in spring, when strawberries are coming into season.

2 Likes

So, here’s what I am thinking so far.
Sept @Magpie
Oct @Bunny1kenobi
Nov @Edel
Dec @MistressJennie (maybe, possibly spring)

I am thinking mid month. Jennie’s class is August 21st, so around that time would be good. Except for the December canning which we would do early December.

4 Likes

Groovy! I better get crackin’ making some samples. Beads or snails are an easy travel craft, I’ll take some scraps camping. @Pigeon & a gf will be with us a couple days, maybe they’ll be my pattern/instruction testers!

3 Likes

I think that could work!

I could do January or later. March might be nice, do a garden bench with spring plants.

January or February is probably good for me (summer here), but I am happy to fit in with what works best for everyone.

@jemimah how about January and @steiconi want February or March?

2 Likes

January should be good for me - holiday time here, so I shouldn’t have many work commitments :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like