Zorro! vignette

The Tucson Miniature Society, puts on a mini show every year, and we members show our work. It’s set for October, and hasn’t been cancelled yet. yet.

This year’s theme is Southwest. Here’s Zorro! c.1800.

The structure is in 1:12 scale, 28" wide by 12" deep and 15" high at the peak of the facade. The base is just a bit larger.

Zorro has found incriminating papers in the parlor of the outwardly pious but inwardly evil Don Gordo de Cabeza and his spoiled daughter Dolores.

I made a few pieces of faux native American pottery. It was so much fun, I made a bunch more. They’re Makins Clay decorated with sharpie markers.

The ceiling beams are chollo cactus skeletons that I collected from the wild. Chollos don’t get big enough or strong enough to support a real life (RL scale) roof, but they look really cool.

The desk features more “pottery” and also bottles I made using lampwork glass bead techniques. I really love the amber Damiana bottle; that’s a liqueur made in Mexico, and the bottles really look like that.

I didn’t have any good looking male dolls, so I used a female doll and padded her up. After she/he was finished, I bought a male doll, but this one’s got a better story.

I tend to be adventurous when building, trying new materials and techniques. As a result, I built a total of 4 chandeliers, 2 courtyard benches, a couple of desks, and I upholstered the second couch three times.

27 Likes

Oh my gosh! You are so talented!! However did you make those tiny bottles?

1 Like

Thanks! The bottles are made like beads; molten glass is wrapped around a heavy wire, and details are added with thin glass rods.

2 Likes

So many details! Great job.

1 Like

OMG, so detailed, absolutely amazeballs!!! :astonished: Wowser!!!

1 Like

Get outta town! That is amazing!

1 Like

WOW. Wow wow wowee wow wow. There’s just so… much. ACK! I love alllll the time/place details. The floor tiles! The pottery and bottles! Furniture! I really dig how the exterior is so far from an afterthought! Oh, I just know that If this was in front of me in real life I would spend ages gawping at it.

2 Likes

This is fabulous. I love all the detail the pottery and glassware is brilliant. How did you make the rug and get the worn look on it

1 Like

Don Gordo de Cabeza? giggles

Glorious! Love the poster. :grin: You nailed the ambiance.

1 Like

This is beyond belief amazing. So many details! I am blown away.

1 Like

I just love the pottery…

1 Like

Thanks, all! It’s great to have a place to show this off!

The rug was easy, a piece of fabric from Wal-Mart, printed to look worn.

And his daughter Dolores.

For those who have no Spanish, their names translate to fathead and headache.

2 Likes

this is fantastic. I love all the pottery.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, so many little details…brava!

1 Like

Totally blown away by this!

1 Like

Wow. So many fun, tiny things!

1 Like

Amazing!
So many wonderful details!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is amazing. So many cool little details! The pottery pieces are extra awesome. :heart:

1 Like

This is wonderful. I love miniatures, the more detail the better, this is that and then some!

I am in Tucson. When I feel safe, I am definitely checking out the miniature museum - it’s been on my list forever.

1 Like