100 acre woods paper pieced baby quilt

so about 5 years ago, i made this lion king quilt for a dear friend of mine’s first born.
baby number 2 came along in 2018, and he was destine to have a quilt of the same caliber, because why not commit myself to another chaotic thing? i decided to do the winnie the pooh characters, as tigger was another favorite of my dear friend over all the years. plus, it was gender neutral when i started the planning process
well, the baby was born, but the quilt wasn’t done…
it took until last july to get it all together, but no regrets!
both quilts have the same layout, background on the blocks, sashing AND binding.
thank goodness she planned to stop at 2, because i’ve run out of the fabrics to make a completely coordinated third :joy:

tigger is easily also my favorite of the crew, and the block i saved to embroider last to make sure my rusty embroidery skills were up to par to make his stripes perfectly tigger-ish.

i grabbed a few pieces from my stash to help make the back wide enough when i quilted it, since the prior quilt used a fitted sheet as the backing and was larger than the quilt top already.
now that both quilts are done, it is only a matter of time until she ACTUALLY lets the boys use them.
i’m betting on the day they each turn 18… :rofl:

fandom in stitches: winnie the pooh character blocks

29 Likes

So so SO cute! I am always infinitely impressed by paper piecing; it looks like wizardry to me, and this is just so delightful!! The embroidery is also great; I love Tigger’s stripes and Eeyore’s nose, etc. This is such an amazing gift!

2 Likes

This is AMAZING!! I paper piece so appreciate how much work went into this masterpiece.

If I had received this for my child, it would have hung on the wall.

I think you should give your Lion King quilt it’s own post on our new home instead of just a link. People here need to see it too.

3 Likes

Wowza! This is beyond perfection!

1 Like

These are the coolest, most thoughtful, gifts. I have paper pieced myself, so I also appreciate the work that went into these. It’s really cool you had the coordinating fabric. I’d have hung them on the wall too.

2 Likes

I bow to your skills, SO amazing!

1 Like

Holy macaroni, this is outrageously good! Wow!
I like your fix for the back, the colours down one side make it look purposeful rather than a solution to a problem. And the quilting!

1 Like

Both quilts are absolutely amazing! The shapes of the characters are so spot on with all the piecing. My favorite for decades is still Eeyore :blue_heart:

1 Like

Wow, this is fantastic. I can’t imagine the time and skill that went into this quilt. I’m sure the whole family will treasure it. :heart:

2 Likes

What a wonderful quilt!

1 Like

This is absolutely incredible! Paper piecing looks so hard to do and yours turned out beautiful.
Rabbit is my favorite. I think I am the only one who loves Rabbit, but I do. His square is perfect!

1 Like

After doing a few paper pieced blocks for a swap, I will say that I will never get back those zillion of hours…ha ha ha…wow…and you did a couple of nice size quilts…hats off to you!!!

They turned out fabulous!!! Some of the pieces are just so tiny…Eeyore is my favorite…but you sure put personality into all of them!

I remember your Lion King quilt!!! It was also fantastic…Fandom has the best patterns for paper piecing, don’t they?

2 Likes

Such a perfect and adorable quilt, perfect for babies :smiley: I hope it brings them a lot of joy. I know nothing about quilting but it does look like a lot of work putting those pieces together

1 Like

Yes, why not?

These characters remind me so much of my childhood - but now they are updated! My favorite bit, though, is how you handled the reverse. The “fill in” makes it feel so modern!

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

1 Like

This is absolutely amazeballs! I am in awe of your paper piecing abilities - it’s just so perfect. Well done! (And a truly fabulous gift!)

1 Like

Wow, that is amazing!! Beautiful work!! (So much work too …) I also think paper piecing is wizardry :sparkles:

They are all so cute, but I think I like owl best :smiley:

1 Like

This is just the sweetest.

1 Like

This is so precious!

1 Like

Totally adorable!!!

1 Like

@Cindy i totally went back and forth on whether i should post it again here or not, so with your slight nudging, it’s here in lettuce land!

4 Likes