Lion king foundation paper pieced baby quilt

as requested from my post prior (100 acre woods paper pieced baby quilt), and much like the circle of life itself, i’m bringing back my OG foundation paper pieced baby quilt!

i saw the fandom in stitches pattern FOREVER before i made this, and kept telling my friend for years i was going to make it for her… well, that time came in 2015 when she was expecting her first little one! we had a whole lion king themed surprise baby shower for her too, it was awesome!
this quilt was also my first experience using spray basting, and ultimately converted me to it since! well, at least when i’m not loading something on to the long arm :slight_smile:

i really liked how the embroidery was very minimal on these compared to the winnie the pooh blocks, but MAN those eyeballs on mufasa made me want to scream… they were SO TINY and had SO MANY LAYERS. oof.

fandom in stitches lion king patterns

26 Likes

This is beautiful!

1 Like

Oh this is so awesome! Love every piece of it!! And all paper pieced panels, that must have been a lot of work! I really love paper piecing, not that I’m that good on it, but it is a fun technique with so many possibilities.

Yours is very, very pretty! :orange_heart:

:metal:t3:

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is so awesome! I’m sure that this will be cherished forever. :heart:

1 Like

Oh wow. What a gorgeous and special quilt. Nicely done!

1 Like

It’s so beautiful it’s just unreal. And yes, those eyes! I might have given up, but you! You persevered and made something really grand. Did your friend cry when she opened it? I bet she did.

1 Like

Oh my word. I cannot imagine how many hours you worked on this. It is a masterpiece!

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

So glad you posted here…you did such a good job on each character…the eyes are particularly good…so worth the screaming, right? ha ha

Both of the ones you did will indeed become cherished by the kids…handmade with love. (and screaming!)

2 Likes

So awesome!! I’m glad you decided to post this one too. It’s just as amazing as the Pooh Bear one :blue_heart:

1 Like

This is the most amazing quilt I’ve ever seen- and I don’t even particularly like The Lion King!

1 Like

Wow! That is amazing.

1 Like

This is simply amazing! Lion King holds a very dear place in my heart as it was the movie my hubby and I saw on our first official date! Great workmanship and love the pattern!!

1 Like

Love love love it!!!

1 Like

That is an incredible accomplishment - I’m so impressed by your skills and hard work!! It’s stunning!

1 Like

I’m so happy you took my nudge … this is amazing!!

I’ve seen the Fandom in Stitches site and have it on my ‘look at’ list. After seeing your two quilts I’m going to look soon.

4 Likes

This is so damn cool, I love the Lion King, and their portraits are just magical :smiley:

1 Like

Fabulous! This will be a treasured keepsake.

The expressions are captured perfectly!. This is beautiful. Your friend is so very lucky.

1 Like