101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page

If you had July in the “when does Megan finally go 'round the bend” pool, congratulations :laughing:. I claimed @Bunny1kenobi’s “join the dark side” theme in the challenge chain and ended up reworking a page from an old Dollar Tree Disney coloring book I had around. Here’s the original page, featuring Pongo and Roger from 101 Dalmatians.

Aaand here’s the dark side version.

I replaced Pongo’s head with the head from one of the Lion King hyenas on another page of the coloring book. The hyena head is mounted on a bit of corrugated cardboard to make it pop out a little (as is the sentiment at the bottom). I don’t have a full narrative worked up for this, but in my mind Roger is some sort of mad scientist, hence the kind of radioactive cloud filling his lab. And, you know, the hyena-dog in his lap.

Here’s a close-up of their faces; I used little bits of drywall tape to give ol’ Dr. Rog some scarring. The things he’s created…

Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

This is something that never would have crossed my mind to do! Awesome!

3 Likes

That is brilliant!

2 Likes

Thanks! I wish I could remember how I landed on this idea. I’ve been neck-deep in a really tedious, concentration-sucking work project, and working on this ended up being really relaxing.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your 101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page is one of this week’s featured projects! Way to go!

1 Like

Ahhhh! This is my first featured project in either of our online homes :partying_face:. So excited. Thanks!

1 Like

You’ve opened my eyes to a whole new medium for altering. This is super!

1 Like

I love the extra texture created by the drywall tape. What a great idea all around!

1 Like

I am also fascinated now with altering coloring books…love the little details like the tape on the face and the replacement of the dog head…dark and fabulous…

1 Like