Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Thanks! I thought it was a fun way to recycle one of the handles.

1 Like

Wow, both great projects!

1 Like

I like that you kept the other handle too!

1 Like

My response to @Annchen’s wallpaper challenge:

I made this for @kittykill in the Common Grounds swap. It is lined with dollhouse wallpaper.

4 Likes

That is so cute!!

I finished my join the dark side piece:
20200705_185403

More details here, if you aren’t already horrified: 101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page

3 Likes

Here is what I did for the TEA challenge:

These are all on the back sides of other completed art journal spreads, so none will be facing each other when bound into a book. I’ll add more tea bag tags and notes as I find them.

6 Likes

Ooh, I love those!

Very nice @calluna

Cute!

They turned out great!

Question: I completed a project that matches the newest prompt, but the match is entirely coincidental. I finished the thing and then saw the prompt. Is it poor form to claim a prompt when I’ve already completed the project – does that violate the spirit of the craftalong?

If the prompt has been sitting for a while it’s fair game I think. Someone might be more inspired by the prompt you give tgan the one up now, so why not? It’s just for a bit of fun so do what feels right for you!

Finished this last week and forgot to post.
The prompt was craft with a kid.
My daughter and I decorated and filled a treasure box for a friend’s birthday. She painted the box, I painted the lid and stamped the friend’s name inside.

4 Likes

I’ll take the liberty to decree that anything you’re inspired to make by watching this craftalong is within the spirit of the craftalong! :grinning:

1 Like

I think I’ll leave the prompt in play for now. Even though the prompt and project were apparently happening at the same time, the more I think about it, the weirder I feel about making the claim. (But, hoo, we are on some kind of inspiration wavelength today.)

If the chain stalls here, though, I may go ahead to keep it moving. But I’d rather give someone the chance to be truly inspired by the theme first.

I completely agree. This chain is all about getting us doing stuff, and keeping it loose. So whatever works in terms of claiming is good with me

Substitutions! (many & varied)

1 Like

I finally finished my FISHY challenge from @jemimah!

“So long, and thanks for all the fish” is one of my favorite literary sentences, and I snagged this laser-cut made by Nooo on the old site a couple years ago just to do something related to it. I turned the two pieces into an ornament I’ll likely give to my retiring supervisor. I went with normal fishy color because my initial plan was to mount this on a galaxy-print greeting card. Now that it is an ornament instead, I might attempt to repaint the whole thing to look like space.
Or, maybe, take it apart and go back to the galaxy greeting card idea?

5 Likes

Remember that claim I made, oh a month ago? No? @craftADDchick posted the challenge beanstalk

I started on the purple square, trying out a pattern, then moved on to the blue one since I had no scissors in my craft bag when it was time to change colors…

Now I just need to figure out what kind of motif I want for the purple square, and maybe make a couple more and actually turn this into something.

5 Likes