12th Anniversary Card

My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary tomorrow and since I haven’t had the chance to get out and buy him a card, I decided to make him one.

I used my embroidery software to create the card design. I am not very well versed on making my own creations within the software and I had waited until the last minute to make this card, so I chose to keep the design simple (that makes it sound like it was also quick; it was not, lol. First, I spent a bit of time creating the initial heart, then I spent waaay too much time arranging, rearranging, and resizing those hearts :expressionless:, lol). Once the digital design was finished, I worked on the card background.

I blended my blue and yellow watercolors to create a really pretty green and used it to apply a watercolor wash background.

Then I used my embroidery machine to stitch the design onto the card. The gold hearts were created with glitter htv and the 12 is just regular fabric.

We were married on 11/11/11, hence the eleven hearts. :heart::blush:

23 Likes

Beautiful card! Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

11 is a magical number :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Congrats! Your card is lovely & 1000X better than store bought!

1 Like

Happy Anniversary!
I love your card.

1 Like

This is beautiful… he’ll love it. Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Happy Anniversary! What an awesome date…and I love how you reflected that with the 11 hearts!

1 Like

Happy anniversary! What a cool card - way better than storebought.

1 Like

Handmade cards have the capacity to hold more love, I think. And with all the extra hearts here, there may be a little extra love in this one. :heart: Lovely job. The color is swoon-worthy, too!

2 Likes

This is awesome!! I love how you put your embroidery machine to such creative use.

PS - My husband and I were married on 06/06/06! :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone!

You aren’t too far off from your 20th anniversary, so clearly that hasn’t been a bad number for you! Though, I don’t imagine it being a popular wedding day (especially with it being on a Tuesday), lol.

My LittleBookLover was born on your 7th anniversary (his actual due date was September 13th, but he made a very early entry into the world)!

2 Likes

Haha! It was a Tuesday! We didn’t pick the day/date, really. We got married at the courthouse and just took the earliest appointment we could get. :laughing: But we kind of like that it is a bit of a subversive date.

Oh how awesome! I love sharing important dates with special people! :heart:

2 Likes

I love the combination of the watercolor and embroidery. What a fun card!!! I love the 11 hearts theme. Adorable!!!

1 Like

Love the green. And the glittery hearts. Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

Past sunday we were married for 35 years. so i made a painting with panpastel and chinese inkt

And a poem
Once, two young trees met in the passage of time,
Forty years distant,
their roots began to climb.
Entwined for thirty-five, as one they grew,
Supporting each other, as branches do.
Leaves and blossoms adorned their shared tree,
Two unique flowers, Nathan & Sven,
Born from their love, joyfully grown,
Adding richness to the life they’ve known.
Through every season, in good and strife,
Standing together, intertwining life.
Facing the unknown with a unified grace,
Ready for more years, their story to embrace.
This coral milestone, a testament true,
A tree of life, in their unity displayed,
Growing forever, as time cascades.
14 January 2024

5 Likes

That’s lovely! Both the artwork and the poem.

1 Like

Your card is beautiful and the poem is so heartfelt. What a lovely way to commemorate the 35 years you’ve spent together!

2 Likes

You guys are still “newlyweds”…ha ha…We celebrated our 45th anniversary January 6th! Well, not really since he was recovering from surgery…but we plan on celebrating once he is out of rehab!

Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

Wow! 45 years!! Congratulations!! (I know that’s a lot of exclamation marks, but 45 years together is worthy of exclamation!)! :smiling_face:

I hope your husband has a speedy recovery and you do something spectacular to celebrate your time together!

1 Like

Hope he recovers soon and you can celebrate

1 Like