2020 DeStash-Along

Yep! It takes 6" squares to make envelopes just larger than the notecards I’ve been making–they are atc sized.

1 Like

Cool! Nice to use every little bit of a 12x12!

1 Like

Yes, because I end up with a 2"x12" strip when I am cutting out for the notecards.

2 Likes

Okay, here is a project I just finished using scraps and stash supplies only, except the lettuce fabric. I bought it once I heard what the name would be here and I didn’t consider it old enough to be stash yet. I rummaged my scrap box for the rest of the fabric and used the kiss clasps I bought and swore I was going to use immediately back in April of 2019. :roll_eyes: The Lettuce coin purse is going to be a raffle prize in the Game. I plan on filling it with random supplies to further reduce some stash. One little coin purse at a time. Ha!

Link to the Free Pattern:
https://emmalinebags.com/collections/sewing-patterns/products/pdf-puffy-coin-purses-a-free-pattern

I originally posted this in the fabric scrap craft-a-long but I think it belongs on this thread. I need to destash this year. I have a craft room (I’ll try to get pics later) and it has spread into my indoor storage room and now it is impossible to move around in there. :unamused: I have a couple projects I am planning on destashing with. I joined a bag pattern club where you get a surprise pattern each month for 3 months. I intended to use stash for that but the first pattern called for canvas fabric so I ended up buying some… before I found some in my stash. Which means I need to be more organized with my stash too.
I have a couple destash projects in mind already.
1 – A quilted ottoman cover. Most of the focus piece has already been cut out of scraps and stash fabrics.
2 – shirts for work (I have about 3 boxes of fabric waiting for this to happen).
3 – Bag of the Month Club. I promised myself the next two months will be stash fabrics!

20 Likes

I am in love with these. I love the chubby wee silhouettes, the fabrics you chose and how carefully you arranged them to fall just perfectly under the clasps. Love them!

3 Likes

I have one completed friend to post as well, I made a crochet over rope basket for my daughter’s shakey eggs musical instrument things. (technical term, I’m sure.)

The rope was originally purchased 4 years ago for to make a trivet for my MIL as it was in the colors of her favorite sportsball team. The yarn was orphaned when a friend’s MIL passed away. It came to me on giant knitting needles getting forced into being a scarf of some sort but I slowwwwwly unraveled it (Boucle’s a toughie there) and gave it a more appreciated function as this nest. (I kinda love it.):
(I wish I knew how to keep it from going sideways. apologies there.)

11 Likes

I love your little projects…I was going through some stash supplies and found one of those clasps! Someone might have sent it to me in a swap as I am sure I would not have purchased it on my own…so now I can make something with some stash fabric as well.

@AntBee ugh…I hate frogging boucle or mohair yarns…they always catch and I end up breaking the yarn…but, you are right, you need that texture to make nesty kind of things…egg shakers are a perfect thing to put in them!

3 Likes

I edited my post to add the link to the free pattern. :green_heart:

3 Likes

I finally got sick and tired of hunting for a pen in the cavern called my purse! Using the tutorial that @trillian shared with us, I made this from a left over piece from one of those cake charms things (I never seem to be able to use the whole stack!)…

Pencil holder

19 Likes

I’m loving all of these cute little pouches! Makes my fingers itch to make some of my own (it’s on my list of stash-busting projects). Maybe after I finish the gifts I’m working on, sigh.

The nest is adorable! Your yarn choice makes it look like a real bird’s nest.

2 Likes

@gozer those purses are lovely and your goals are awesome. Practical and completely doable. (I put things like ‘a quilt for everyone!’ on my list)

@AntBee your nest is cute and perfect storage for the musical shaky eggs

2 Likes

@AIMR Lookin’ Good! I love the fabric you chose - it kind of has a tectonic plate / stratigraphy feel to it.

I ended up making another batch of the itty-bitty boxy pouches (those things are addictive). Everything is from stash (I even raided my mom’s stash for more interfacing) except for the split rings - I bought a 10 pack of those for the pouches I made earlier this month.

15 Likes

ha ha yeah, it does…in actuality, it is part of a line that has all insects…my guess is they are supposed to be insect tunnels with the striped thing being some sort of grub…I just liked the colors and felt I could find it easy in my big purse!

1 Like

I am still unpacking after nearly three months…I just found this big green bin that I thought had Christmas decoration in it…nope…the entire thing is filled with project bags of knitting and crochet WIPS!!!

Guess I am going to spend the weekend deciding what I am keeping and what I need to let go…at least I found some of my most favorite bags!

15 Likes

So… couldn’t we argue that this IS all stash as it wasn’t purchased for THIS batch? lol

3 Likes

That is deeply impressive. Good luck with the sorting!

2 Likes

Most of them are ongoing projects made from scrap yarns from other projects…I can only work on them when I have leftovers from other projects…they will get done only if I actually make more things…ha ha…the little balls of yarns are never ending it seems…I have three afghans made of just those in there… :smiley:

4 Likes

So, you interface them as well?? Hmm, I haven’t tried that yet…

1 Like

That’s a cool idea. I have 3 glass apothecary jars full of little balls of yarn. They look like gumballs and I love it but I do also want to use them up.

5 Likes

I love looking at everyone’s cool things! I’ve been destashing like crazy today (thanks in large part to your inspiration!)

I did it @smileyyogini, I made a handle cover for my little cast iron pan! It’s much safer here now :smile:

Thanks for sharing that great pattern @Trillian, I made one of those pouches too!

And I made an autumn version of the leaf potholder for my own kitchen, with @Magpie’s great pocket suggestion!

Though I am far away, I feel like I am collaborating with you all :smiley:

13 Likes