2020 DeStash-Along

Idk how much yarn is needed, but what about something like this https://coolcreativity.com/crochet/readers-wrap-crochet-pattern/ wrap?

2 Likes

Thanks for the link! Those are fabulous! I am going to put one on my list… (another reason why I love this site…lots of sharing from the vast internet!)…

2 Likes

Thanks for the pattern links, I will check them out.

2 Likes

Sorry missed this some how! Any way here is a link to the pattern

2 Likes

I made these using destash yarn (but not the fabric):

-Project Robby
-front of mugrug
-back of mugrug
-front of mugrugs
-back of mugrugs
All the mugrugs are made as gifts for different people, so I’m so glad that I have so many done. Also, I had a TON of cotton yarn left over that I purchased when I did my first craft fair this past summer, so I’m really glad to make a dent in it!

10 Likes

I made a lap blanket all from stash yarn. I used 2 strands at once. 1 strand was from a Lion Brand mandala skein (2 of them) and for the second strand I went through a bunch of my small amounts of leftover yarns. Mostly in solid colors and a lot of yellow. I have no idea when or why I accumulated so much yellow yarn.

Lap Blanket

13 Likes

Beautiful! What do you plan on doing with it? What kind of stitch is that on the edging? Your hands must be so tired…crocheting with two strands at once!

2 Likes

I’ll use it to keep warm when lounging on the couch. Or it’ll be a fancy cat bed.

The edge is just your standard shell border - double crochet 5, skip stitch, single crochet, skip stitch, double crochet 5, and repeat until you are done

2 Likes

Does anyone have any ideas for using up bulky yarn? I have about 120 yards of turquoise bulky yarn…it is a solid so anything that shows off stitches well would be great…I have checked through most of Ravelry and just can’t find anything to inspire me…I really don’t want a scarf or mitts and was thinking maybe slipper socks?

2 Likes

How about a decorative pillow, maybe with cables?

2 Likes

Maybe slipper boots?

1 Like

I bet not only will it keep you warm, but it’s probably a bit heavy too? I like blankets with a bit of heft to them. It’s calming. And thank you for sharing your edging pattern!

2 Likes

I recently got a batch of new washi tapes…yeah, I know…but in my defense, I ordered for a group project for a girl’s after school program I run…

In anticipation of swaps and also to destash, I made a few cards trying to use up some of the older tapes…washi tape is the new glitter…you just can’t get rid of it!

15 Likes

@AIMR - I sometimes use washi tape to wrap gifts with, instead of regular tape.

Once I’m able to mail out the LV package and photos of it are in the gallery, you’ll see what I mean. The wrapping paper I found was epic and I had just the perfect washi tape to match it!

2 Likes

I regularly use washi tape to wrap presents because I keep losing my sellotape!!

@AIMR They are lovely cards

3 Likes

The tape I buy is nearly $7 a roll…I just ordered some from Amazon that was more reasonable and will use those for wrapping presents…I will use the good stuff to make other things that won’t be thrown away! lol

2 Likes

I’ve dug into my larger fabric scraps to start making face masks. I’m still waiting on my elastic from Hobby Lobby, but, they’re otherwise done. I like this pattern for myself and my family (it comes in 4 sizes, has a filter pocket, plus, I can use some pretty small pieces for this kind), but our hospitals want a different style. Probably going to make a few more of these for friends, too, then start on the hospital ones. I might be able to use up most of my stash of cotton fabric with this project!

7 Likes

Our hospitals are asking for just two layers of cotton…no fillers…they say that it is harder to breathe…they are using them for patients, not the health care workers…

5 Likes

Now I’m excited to see it!

1 Like

That’s what our hospitals are asking for as well. They will be using them as procedure masks or as covers for N95 masks to extend the life of the mask.

4 Likes