2020 DeStash-Along

Made a tea party table topper for under my daughter’s tea set. All stash lily sugar n creme yarns.

15 Likes

It’s so pretty, bright, and cheerful.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

So sweet! Sometimes I wish I had a daughter to craft all the things for. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It is so pretty! Did you make up the pattern? Love the little flower in the middle!

3 Likes

Thank you!
For this one I followed a free pattern and instead used colors that matched her tin tea set. Seen here in the HPC page.

4 Likes

I used up a bunch of yarn in April! I made hats & blanket squares & added a lot of scraps to my scrappy blanket. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Whoa, what am I seeing here? That scrappy blanket of squares is amazeballs! Are you following a pattern or making it up? It is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thanks! The pattern is Trip Around The World Throw & it’s made with tunisian crochet (but you can use a regular crochet hook).

Most of my acrylic scraps from the past few years are in it (it was started in 2017):

20 Likes

OMG ~SWOON! I am in LOVE! :blue_heart: :heart: :heartpulse: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

I love all the pretty yarny things guys - so bright and happy! That blanket is looking spectacular @jellybean, what a fabulous way to turn scraps into treasure!

3 Likes

@jellybean that is some nice stash busting you’ve done there! I agree with Magpie, the blanket is really something special! Question about it- are all your yarns the same material? I have been thinking of doing a scrappy blanket kind of like this (remnants from ghosts of projects past) but some of my yarn remnants are unmarked hand-me downs/samples… I’m wondering if washing and wear overtime would be disruptive to the pattern after a while or if that really matters if the yarns are in such small quantities…

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, everything in my scrappy blanket is 100% acrylic. I haven’t mixed materials in projects, but I’d mostly worry about any wool shrinking when washed.

You could try doing burn / bleach tests to identify what’s in a mystery yarn.

3 Likes

May Themes

Color: Pink
Pattern: Letters & Numbers
For: Your yard, garden, window box, etc.
Challenge: Finish the oldest WIP you can find in your stash.

Image: Vintage Threads - pinks and greens by Jamie, on Flickr

6 Likes

Destash this weekend

The lap quilt…

I have had these charm squares for 6+ years…

it’s obviously not perfect but my piecing is getting better

18 Likes

At first I thought you were posting a black and white photo…the pop of blue really sets off this quilt…the fabrics are all part of a charms set? Nice!

3 Likes

@Renstar I absolutely love that blue binding, and the writing and diagrams on the fabrics makes me really happy. I wish I had some yardage like that in my stash.

I’ve done my monthly reckoning for how much stash I used up, and I have to say I’m pretty pleased with the totals.

I made

• two knit squares for my foster kitty
  • 30 doll dresses (it was a busy month)
  • 14 surgical style masks
  • patch for my couch

And I used up

• 2 yards + 30 inches of fabric
  • 70 inches of elastic
  • 131 inches of ribbon
  • ~600 yards of yarn

I have never been more thankful for my stash than I was in the past month. It provided hours of entertainment, and I was finally able to use all sorts of fabric that various great-aunts had put aside for a rainy day. If the current situation doesn’t count for that I don’t know what would.

I’m still gathering pictures together for my monthly creations, but when I do most will be posted in either the 50 Projects Craft-Along, or the Harry Potter Craft-Along.

7 Likes

Yes it was a Moda one, Modern background - ink.

@Trillian, thank you

I also finished this, just the millions of ends to weave in! And blocking of course.

9 Likes

From all those little balls you unwound! Turned out really nice! You also picked a good pattern so that hiding the ends would be a bit easier…I struggle with lacy shawls…where does one hide the ends? ha ha

2 Likes

Beautiful colors. I know it’s almost summer, but it looks like a winter wonderland to me!

2 Likes