2020 DeStash-Along

I love this shelf! It is one of the few projects I bought the supplies for and made all in the same week :joy:
I used this tute https://lollyjane.com/diy-turnbuckle-shelf/

4 Likes

I know! I never thought I would be worried that my TP order would be delayed. I get a lot of regular everyday things delivered because I hate shopping. So many people ordering delivery now has thrown off some of my regular boxes. Luckily TP wasnā€™t and my who gives a crap box arrived today :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hahaha! That is indeed a cool little shelf!

2 Likes

Not sure it qualifies as destashing, but I gave a friend mycotton leftovers Nd buad tape to make masks for her daughters in health care and pet care.

I also made 17 draw string bags for my students stuff that I delivered to homes so they can continue learning.
Forgot to take pics,but this is all loaded up.

10 Likes

We did an outside art lesson today and at the end we put several empty, almost empty and no-longer-useable bottles in the bin!

9 Likes

Definitely a destash! Sounds like you gave them more than just lessonsā€¦a bag that they can reuse and remember your caring and generosity!

3 Likes

Destashed probably five skeins of golden yellow acrylic yarn out of sheer boredomā€¦

Question for my fellow destashers/organizers:

I have a whole lot of miscellaneous supplies that I need to organize in some way. For instance, I have styrofoam balls, misc, wooden pieces, ticket rolls, pipe cleaners, etc.

How do you organize these supplies that you donā€™t use everyday but would like to keep on hand? Where do you put them and how do you find them again?

I am open for suggestionsā€¦hunting for things I want is just horribleā€¦

12 Likes

I am wondering the same. I have a drawer (and a halfā€¦ ok, two) of miscellaneous stuff. Itā€™s not the most efficient storage, as itā€™s taking space for other (categorised) stuff and probably could be better organised.

2 Likes

I have a closet with shelves going all the way across spaced around 12ā€ apart. I have a couple different sizes of clear plastic bins that can stack. In the front of each bin I put an index card where I write whatā€™s inside. The less frequently used bins go higher up or closer to the floor. For things that donā€™t fit in the bins, I place them on the highest shelves.

I have these cheap Sterilite bins. Theyā€™re great because theyā€™re cheap, stackable, durable, and I can keep extras on hand and they donā€™t take up much space.

3 Likes

I think that sounds greatā€¦the key is probably getting the same type of container as you haveā€¦I have some in bins, some in boxes, some in basketsā€¦my fabrics and papers are organized but only because I have them in the same type of binsā€¦

Also, I donā€™t have one place to keep it allā€¦some on shelves, some in drawers, some in closetsā€¦

I did buy a large shelving unit that I was thinking of using to keep everything like this in one placeā€¦I just have to figure out where it can goā€¦

Thanksā€¦I need to mull over this, maybe tomorrow!

3 Likes

Totally counts! Iā€™m sure your students enjoyed your add surprise of a festive bag.

2 Likes

The flowers are so look friendly!

3 Likes

It occurred to me that in all the excitement I forgot to post the April themes. So for anyone in need of extra inspiration, here they are!

April Themes

Color: Yellow
Pattern: Nature
For: Charity
Challenge: If there are any items in your stash that are too neat to give away but you have no earthly idea what you should make with them, ask your fellow DeStashers for advice.

Hasami = Scissors by S. InouƩ, on Flickr

7 Likes

Iā€™m fostering for our local SPCA since they canā€™t have the shelter open and discovered I didnā€™t have much in the way of extra linen to repurpose as cozy spots for the cat. With all the Zoom meetings Iā€™ve been knitting through recently I was able to finish up the leftovers from a previous baby blanket making this undersized square (itā€™s only about 14 inches square). Itā€™s not much, but combined with a box lid it has turned into one of her favorite sleeping spots.

Bonus ā€œaction shotā€

14 Likes

Made a tea party table topper for under my daughterā€™s tea set. All stash lily sugar n creme yarns.

15 Likes

Itā€™s so pretty, bright, and cheerful.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

So sweet! Sometimes I wish I had a daughter to craft all the things for. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It is so pretty! Did you make up the pattern? Love the little flower in the middle!

3 Likes

Thank you!
For this one I followed a free pattern and instead used colors that matched her tin tea set. Seen here in the HPC page.

4 Likes