2020 DeStash-Along

I helped Delia put together a bread bag for TheMisterT for Fathers Day! It uses orange what I am going to consider a swirl so YEY ME for getting a couple of the prompts for once!

BreadBag03

ALL STASH! I used most of the rest of the cotton canvas I had, all but a few inches of the twill tape I received from another crafter years ago, hem tape from a thrift store bag-o-trims, and cross stitch supplies on hand. WOO!

8 Likes

I did another all stash project this morning: catnip kicker toys. I intended to make only one as a gift, but by making 3 I used up ALL of this old Ikea fabric. Everything else was stash, including the catnip that I found last week from putting it away at xmas.

KittyKickerToys01

6 Likes

Well, I’ve been rubbish at paying any attention to the monthly challenges. But I did do some destashing this week, making a little suit coat for my 10 yr old ds. Here’s the full post: Starry suit coat and tie

3 Likes

@marionberries almost 300 masks! Holy smokes!! That’s awesome! I made 4 and was tapped out of motivation lol.

I have been home all week from work so decided to tackle a UFO. I started this backpack last year, intending on having it finished to use on last summers vacation. But part way through I realized I should have planned better because installing a liner was going to be a pain so I sat it aside. And I was right, I ended up having to handsew the liner in. I started trying to make the stitches perfect but quickly gave up and am happy with the results.

The straps, zippers and back piece were scavenged from a old backpack that had to be retired. The pattern part of the liner is a piece of fabric I got years ago in a swap, it was the perfect size! The Sakura figurine I decided to use as a zipper pull I received in a swap too. She has been waiting on a shelf for years for the perfect job.

10 Likes

Really pretty backpack, @lady4feet! And, way to go, tackling an old UFO and finishing it up.

I’ve had this wool in my stash for years. I dyed it with food coloring, but used too much dye, so it was bleeding everywhere and I didn’t want to touch it. I finally got it back out, spun it up and set the twist and the color at the same time.

10 Likes

That’s awesome @lady4feet!

I FINALLY finished the dancing afghan for my niece. I seriously underestimated how long it takes to make a blanket. But I used pretty much all of the wool that my mum found in the abandoned plastic bag at my grandparents house, so theres some of my stash (formerly my grandmother’s stash) gone AND it has gone to one of my Gran’s great grandchildren.

11 Likes

I have failed miserably at destashing during shutdown…I get bored and cruise the internet…I have purchased way more fabric than I intended…

Back here to get back in line and start using it up again…

Love seeing the projects…oh, at least I am using stash wool up…one small victory!

4 Likes

I am right there with you. I bought more yarn and started doing cricut so my resolution to not buy more craft stuff went right out the window.

2 Likes

Lol me too… bought more fabric, but as you know you buy three or four to see which one works and you can’t return the rest, so it goes into the stash. Does cooking what’s in the pantry count as destash lol? Well, couple of masks yesterday made the tiniest dent, and some watercolor fails too. Maybe less wine next time.

9 Likes

Right? I have spent way too much time just scrolling through Twitter. And then I’m annoyed at myself at the end of the day. {sigh} Shut down has been weird. Alright, all of us back up on the horse!

@Puamelia I like the print on those masks! Less wine! lol Maybe that’s also destashing…? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks @grenouille78 , definitely great fabric stash additions lol. And yes, the wine stash is probably the only thing I’ve been successful at destashing ha ha!

3 Likes

I think that’s second stash. Or is it stash-once-removed? :rofl:

I don’t have a pic, but I am working on some stash once removed myself that is also my deceased aunt’s UFO. I’m probably about 3/4 done and only had to buy one component. WOO!

5 Likes

I haven’t been crafting much this year, it’s been more of a writing year for me, so much so that I hadn’t signed up for the new site yet. But I had a nightmare last night about wanting to post and this site being gone, so I used that as motivation to actually make an account. I’m still on my old raglan shirt kick, so at least I’m destashing fabric. I’ll try to get some pics of my best work up soon!

8 Likes

Hi @gala_apples! Can’t wait to see your projects. I’m always amazed at people who can make their own t-shirts (I guess a raglan isn’t actually a t-shirt but they’re in the same general ballpark).

I finally finished up the 1/4 inch elastic in my stash and ordered 10 more yards off of Etsy. When I was planning my replacements-only DeStash year that supply wasn’t even on my radar as something I might use up.

3 Likes

I know it’s… you know, halfway through the year… but can I join? Life events have left me not making for way too long and I’m wanting to get back it.

3 Likes

@HolographicDreams It’s never too late to join! Grab your stash and start making stuff!

I made a quick collation of crafty things from stash for a younger cousin’s graduation gift. The university she will be attending in the Fall (hopefully) has purple as its school colors, and the pencil pouch incorporates a lot of materials that originally came from her grandmother’s stash. They don’t quite coordinate, but I’m pleased with how they turned out individually.

11 Likes

Used up some satin I had purchased who knows when for costumes. I’m not a satin person normally, but costumes. Yay.

So I made pillowcases for my mom. Not quite so flashy, but so important.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to reading more of these destashing projects. Covid has reignited my desire to create & sew, so I’m trying to finish a bunch of UFO quilts & destash a bunch.
Here’s a few that I have completed in the last month.
![image|375x500]image image image image image image

11 Likes

Wow, you’ve been busy. I particularly like the one with green sashing

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s been fun! The green sashing one is probably my favorite too. I’m working on one today that I like even better. :slight_smile: I will share today or tomorrow when it’s done. Feels good to get these moving on to new homes. Most will be given to the children’s hospital to bring kids comfort or to a local community organization for low income families who just had a baby.

3 Likes