2020 DeStash-Along

I found thisdish cloth embroidery kit. “A Progress Creation” product in my stash when reorganizing. Best I can find in a quick online search is it was a company last mid-century that make these kits. Who knows when and how I ended up with it. I certainly did not purchase this.

I don’t really like hand sewing or embroidery, but I love the results. See how bored I was? Just stem stitch to finish on the Cloves. I have Mustard, Paprika, and Pepper to go. Wheee.

WIP:

10 Likes

That looks like such a happy project! :slight_smile:

I went way out of my comfort zone and did a patternless legging to tank top transformation!

1 Like

August Themes

Peruvian Yarn by iandoh, on Flickr

Color: Purple
Pattern: Argyle
For: Pets and other animals
Challenge: Nice pinterest board you have there! Make something inspired by a pin. Share the pin too so we can “ooh and ah” properly.

5 Likes

Scrap yarn crochet catnip balls…stuffed and unstuffed. Fun with left over yarn bits.

8 Likes

Used all stash except for exterior all-material adhesive! And I did refer to a couple of my pinterest boards to make it! I suppose it might be used for some pets… more like feral creatures, methinks! :grimacing:

This little fairy door-turned-fairy porch has it’s own thread and is a birthday gift.

12 Likes

FUN!! What a special gift!

I’ve been wanting to put a fairy door in the guest bathroom, but with the virus going on there are no guests. A project that will have to wait!

2 Likes

Very cute! I was I had a tree closer to the street to put up something like this for all of the walkers…what a cute little fairy porch…so much detail and love the little rope ladder!

Thanks y’all!

Omg this is adorable!

1 Like

Well, you could start building it now, even if no one will see it i a while.

1 Like

POW! I made over 30 faux postage stamp embellishments from stash!

Just a few:

I also filled a friend’s request for 7 masks using all stash. She had her own elastic, so that stash was untouched. :smirk:

12 Likes

The faux stamps are really cool! What size are they? Nice that you didn’t have to cut into your elastic stash. :smiley:

Thanks! They vary quite a bit in size and those in that photo are on a self-healing mat with a 1" grid for reference. Most of the pics in their thread are taken on a self-healing mat, too!

1 Like

Look at you using easy gauges for size reference. I didn’t even pay attention to what was behind them! :laughing:

:upside_down_face: I don’t think most people expect a black/grey self-healing mat, either!

I will say that the dies cut some awkward sized stamps shapes. There is a perforated line just under the edge of most of those images so to cover it you need to be kind of exact and I end up cutting to 1/16th of an inch on some.

1 Like

TheMisterT asked for a repair or replacement of his water purifying pump and I was able to build a new one using all stash and parts from the original! WOO!

WaterPumpBag01

3 Likes

:star: September Themes :star:

Plaid! by Tina Marie, on Flickr

Color: Burgundy
Pattern: Plaid
For: Kids
Challenge: What’s your stash weakness - that particular crafty material that you can’t stop buying? Make something with it!

3 Likes

Wait. What. September?!?

Kidding aside, my internal calendar is all kinds of non-functioning now. Stupid covid. But I did actually start a stash buster for my kid so… lookee there, i’m on the (yarn) ball here anyway! Haha

ETA: I actually finished it!
(Not sure why we’re sideways, but that’s 2020 for ya…)

7 Likes

I realized I haven’t done my tallies since May. I’ve been doing a lot of crafting since then, so it’s a bit of a doozy.

This summer (June - August) I made

• 9 surgical masks
  • 2 pouches
  • 91 doll dresses
  • 1 doll sweater

So I have used up

• 4 yards + 6 inches of fabric
  • 3.5 yards of elastic
  • 9 yards of ribbon
  • 2 zippers
  • 1 button
    plus an unknown amount of yarn.

Almost everything except for a couple masks and a handful of doll dresses have gone on to other homes. I did buy 5 yards of muslin, but it is being quickly used up for linings. Next I’ll need to buy some thread… I have plenty of colors but I’m running out of neutrals.

6 Likes