Fairy Porch!

One of my dear ones is in the middle of a major downsize, so I was a bit stumped for a birthday gift. She’s now living in the woods (like me!) which gave me the idea for making a fairy door to hang on a tree in her yard! I turned into a fairy front porch.

I wanted it to look as much like it was made from things fairies had found or “borrowed” and I think I did pretty well with that! Wanna see? I hope so, because I took A LOT of detail shots.

And now the close-ups!

A champagne cork cage chair with a wee garden hat under the window.

Door details, braided rug doormat, potted plant. The door and the porch boards are woodburned.

Pinecone scale roof.

LisaFairyDoor11
Access ladder and shiny “borrowed” things under to the porch.

LisaFairyDoor14
Porch rail.

LisaFairyDoor06
The porch “light” and trim detail.

LisaFairyDoor13
I deliberately distressed the hanging hardware in the hope that it would age more quickly and blend into tree bark to look more like a “real” fairy porch. :wink: There’s also a birthday greeting wood burned on the back.

I must tip my hat to my… shall we say, thorough… stash for this project during quarantine. The only thing that I had to go out to buy was exterior adhesive that would work on all the surfaces. I must also begrudgingly thank my local hoodlum squirrels who stripped the pinecone scales from the cone for me, because those things are POINTY and painful to strip. :grimacing:

40 Likes

Super cute and what a great present!

1 Like

This is so fantastic and full of detail!! I’ve been wanting to do something like this for my girls. Inspired!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

That is the cutest thing EVER!

2 Likes

This is such a thoughtful gift for someone who is downsizing! I really like the pine cone scale roof- what a clever idea.

2 Likes

This is too cute for words! Beautifully done my Friend.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, y’all!

1 Like

This is absolutely adorable, I love all the little details you put on your projects.

1 Like

SO dang cute! I like the champagne cork cage for a chair. And I applaud your use of local wildlife labor to get the pinecone scales. :chipmunk: And I like the idea of “found” objects. Why shouldn’t fairies have little windchimes and porch accessories!

2 Likes

Loved that you used “fairy friendly” material! That pinecone roof is stunning. Certainly charming, I hope she likes it!

1 Like

Great present and a porch is so much more fancy than just a door!

1 Like

Congrats! Your adorable Fairy Porch is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to rock it!

1 Like

Oh, wow! THANKS!

1 Like

I’m so amazed by this!!! So many tiny, intricate details that amount in a big bunch of awesome.

1 Like

I second the inspiring comment! I have a garden in the back that this would look amazing in. It’s so perfect!

Oh gosh It’s so cute. I love it so much. :heart_eyes:

Thanks so much!

Lovely gift. I really like the pinecone scale roof shingles. That’s a stroke of genius

I love this! So inspiring! The details are beautiful also, so much time must have went into this!