2020 DeStash-Along

Nice! You work fast.

I’m finally using so up some of the Lion Brand Mandala yarn purchased on the way to Asheville last April. It’s a bit of a pain to work with though, I ended up winding it into a ball mid-way through this Afghan. I will have to take time to wind the other ones, cuts into my crocheting time and I resent it, hmph!

2 Likes

My Baby Yoda Valentine’s gift was all from stash. It was nice to be able to just start making my gift idea than rushing out to a shop.

12 Likes

@AIMR you are a destashing legend!!

@mellybelly81 your baby yoda is the cutest thing!!

I made my miniature challenge entry all from stash …

… if I get into miniatures, I suspect I will run out of stash by about 2279 AD. It was fun though!

12 Likes

Yay for having a goal! :rofl:

3 Likes

All that is pictured here is from stash:

The baby items are for a charity named Project Robby. For some reason, I have a LOT of baby yarn, or soft regular yarn.

The four big crocheted rectangles are bases for four mugrugs I’m going to make. I have one more base to make. These mugrugs are going to be gifts for people for holidays, etc… I had purchased a TON of cotton yarn when I was making things for the Asheville meetup, and then when I did my first craft fair. I still have a lot left over, but at least I’m making a dent in it!

11 Likes

I have some stuff to post, but it’s not happening tonight. Just thought I’d check in and let you all know that while it seems like I dropped off the face of the earth, I actually haven’t. Been a weird couple of weeks. First, a crazy woman tried to break into our house when the kids were home alone, but our dog stopped her even though she beat him with a pitchfork. Then 3 of the 4 kids got sick last week, ending with me catching it and being out of commission for the past week. I made some baby blankets in January. Now to move on to more de-stashing…

2 Likes

I’ve been using some scraps and tea died fabric to make some prayer flags. I challenged myself to use colors I’m not usually into.

7 Likes

Stash report: one full skein used on Sweater, 20 skeins purchased. 1 returned. Net skeins: too many. lol

But the sweater is constructed, I just have to finish the duplicate stitch image and then it’s back to the blanket project full steam ahead.

4 Likes

I am glad your family is alright! That was like reading something out of a horror movie! I doubt that I ever saw a pitchfork except on a farm! And your dog…I hope it is ok…brave thing!

Hang in there…you indeed have had a bad few weeks! Hope things look up for you!

@Renstar I like the look of tea stained fabrics but it is also not colors I am used to. I like that you stretched your skills to make those!

3 Likes

OMG! @grenouille78 somehow I missed your post! What a nightmare!!! (Yes, that situation needs ALL the exclamation marks!) I am so sorry you guys had to experience that. I’m glad your children weren’t confronted directly by that woman but I’m so sorry the dog was hurt and they had to see that. I hope they aren’t too scared of things now. :frowning: and I really hope that the woman is caught. How awful.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness!!
Hope the crazy lady was apprehended and treated or whatever it is she needs.
Hope everyone in your household will be well soon!!

2 Likes

@harlan @aimr @AntBee Thank you! It really was like a horror movie. In addition to hurting the dog, she also tore the head off one of my chickens. :cry: My kids hid in the back bedroom and called 911. The police were able to get her while she was still messing around in the garage. I arrived home right after they made the arrest (nothing like getting a call saying, “This is Sergeant So-and-so, I’m here with your kids…” :scream: :astonished:). She’s in a mental health facility now. My 10 yr old son is still upset; he had a nightmare two nights ago that she had gotten in. :frowning_face: But the dog has healed now, so that is good.

Alright, back to our regularly scheduled de-stashing! Somewhere up there, many moons ago, I mentioned that I was going to make some baby blankets for a woman who collects and distributes them in memory of her stillborn granddaughter. Here are the two I made. During my January stash inventory, I found some decent-sized remnants, perfect for this project.Tops are flannel (the feathers and owls) and bottom is smooth cotton. I used fleece scraps to bind the pink one and just turned and topstitched the other one.

Huh. I don’t know why I didn’t take better pictures. Oh well! The little fleece heart on the pink one was to cover a poorly pieced edge. There was a weird notch out of the large fabric, but when I added a new piece to it, it didn’t lay down smoothly; I didn’t want it scratching a baby face, hence the soft heart.

8 Likes

This was almost all stash yarn. I somehow ran out of white so bought that.

10 Likes

awww…I love it when stash is used to help out others…the little heart is precious…

@ilovesnaills such vibrant colors! I admire your bobbles! They do eat up a lot of yarn and add a lot of texture and fun…what is the pattern for that?

3 Likes

@AIMR I’m pattern testing right now for it. The designer is releasing it on Tuesday I believe.

3 Likes

It is a lovely pattern!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about all the negative stuff that has been going on in your life! Did the police catch the woman trying to break in? I hope so. I also hope that everyone is feeling better! ((((HUGS))))

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!!

Thank you. :purple_heart: Yes, she was messing around in my garage when the police arrived. Eating pickled beets out of the fridge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well, I would go to great lengths for pickled beets myself but… (((Hugs))) to you and your kids. So sorry they went through such a traumatic experience. I am happy to hear how well they dealt with it in the moment, getting safe & calling for help. Good job kids!

5 Likes