2020 DeStash-Along

@Lynx the new wreath is fab!!

@AIMR that heart is beautiful! What a great destash!!

1 Like

Every little bit helps! But it’s probably best not to think about how many adorable little hearts it would take to make a dent in that magnificent lace stash.

I didn’t have a particularly productive weekend on the crafting front (did manage some home repair stuff though so that’s good). I have two more doll dresses to show for myself, and finally cast on for a pair of socks.

10 Likes

Those are so sweet…such tiny buttons!

I am abandoning the socks I started for the sockalong and starting a new pair as well…somewhere along the way I will frog the sock I made or maybe just keep it as a reminder to watch my tension.

lol…yeah, I have no delusions that my little heart projects will even make a dent in that stash but I do know that it is one supply I will probably never need to replenish…

1 Like

Today I made two pouches, all from stash!
The hummingbird zipper pouch I made for my offering in the Feb stitchalong, and since I had my sewing machine out, I made a less than 4" velco closed pouch with *youre fabric I purchased a few years ago for a Grammar Police swap I hosted on another site. Everything was from stash.

10 Likes

Those are adorable.

1 Like

If seeing it makes me more likely to use it, I made some progress today…

We put these IKEA pegboards up tonight with some teamwork. Since a lot of tools and trinkets are now on the wall I can actually see my desk. I could sit and craft in here now!

14 Likes

For those of you making fabric masterboards this looked interesting… Water soluble fabric?? Wizardry!

2 Likes

I buy this by the roll…it is merely embroidery stabilizer that washes away…I use it to make new fabrics with all my tiny little pieces and left over threads and yarns…it is indeed wizardry! :smiley:
Wash Away Stabilizer

Also, if you sew on stuff like terry cloth or other pain in the butt fabrics, you can use this and it will make it easier to sew…I use washable kid glue in spots to hold it while I stitch or embroidery…good stuff!

4 Likes

Sweet. Added to cart so I’ll remember it.

1 Like

In order to not get bored, I have been trying to do projects addressing my many stashes…thanks to inspiration from @geekgirl, I was able to destash a bit of my cotton yarn…I still have a bag, but two small balls were used up making these!

12 Likes

Nifty! They kind of look like some strange sea creature. Have you tried using them yet?

2 Likes

Yes…I mostly use them to collect dog hair along the base boards and wood floors…they don’t actually attract dust, more like move it around…but, I will spray a bit of endust on them to see if that will attract the dust

2 Likes

I was able to knock off the dust of my ceiling fan.
I wonder if softer cotton yarn would be better. like Hobby Lobby’s I love this cotton vs any of the harsher cotton you get at Michaels / AC Moore. I had used the cheaper cotton for mine but may try my next one with I Love this Cotton

2 Likes

I have an almost sock yarn cotton that I thought of using to make dust cloths…I really am trying to reduce waste around the house…so far, I have been able to get rid of many cleaning products and use rags for all sorts of cleaning instead of paper towels. I am willing to experiment until I find something that works…but also, some cleaning is over rated or over done…I have learned to lighten up in my clean obsession :smiley: especially now that I don’t use a service any more since I retired

2 Likes

What about mixing it with that terry cloth type of yarn- kinda rougher so maybe stuff would stick in the bits? Or make t-shirt style yarn but with old towels? is that even possible? it might end up too thick, actually… hmm …

2 Likes

I go back and forth on using a service. I hate spending the money but I HATE cleaning and I feel like no matter what I do I never get rid of all the dust or get the floors totally clean.

2 Likes

Bought 2 skeins of yarn to mAke giant pom pons for my daughter. In addition to the 18 (!) skeins i ordered to go into the yarn eater i’m working on… so, what is this “-along” called? The buy-along? :grimacing:

4 Likes

I hear you. I live on my own, make my own mess, so surely should be able to clean it up myself??? But I am rubbish.
Need good justification to bring in outside help… just haven’t found it yet

I totally destashed most of my blue quilting scraps and some parts of fat quarters that I no longer wanted to save for other projects!

I am going to make another one soon to see how much more I can use…these kind of stash busting projects really motivate me!

11 Likes

You really nailed the gradient effects.

1 Like