2020 DeStash-Along

I love the layout!

1 Like

This is a small destash but still happy with it. I have a habit lately of getting distracted or overwhelmed by the mess of my space. So my new tactic if I just want to make something, anything, you know when I just the need to craft, is work on the first thing I come across.

My Dad gave me this Ohio lottery promotional bag years ago. I accepted it because itā€™s a great bag, very sturdy, and lots of pockets for a freebie. Today I got out some leather scraps, stamp, ink pad, and some hemp string to sew the new patch on.

11 Likes

Thank you.

I totally understand the being distracted thing. I am trying to focus on doing 1 thing at a time because I have burnt toast so much recently!

And my place is a tip because Iā€™m trying to ā€œdo stuffā€ whilst working from home. Itā€™s actually creating more distraction. But since I moved I havenā€™t got all the furniture I need so stuff is everywhere

1 Like

I get that way when I am trying to destashā€¦I find so many thingsā€¦I like your idea of just getting it done! Love your patchā€¦and now, you have one less thing! Way to go!

@renstarā€¦lovely fabric bookā€¦you are doing so many nice things when in lock down

1 Like

@lady4feet What a great way to alter a promo bag! Every once in a while a promo item is actually a really good thing, but if itā€™s not from something that I really care about, I donā€™t feel comfortable ā€œadvertisingā€ for it.

2 Likes

So many good projects and such good destashing! I have been a mental disaster since the quarantine started. I canā€™t focus on much of anything and it makes me sad. I have made a few masks out of necessity and those were all stashbusters. I think thatā€™s the one crafty thing Iā€™ve done start-to-finish since March! I havenā€™t even been coming here to LC because I typically canā€™t focus on anything longer than a tweet. :frowning_face: And then I feel guilty. {sigh}

6 Likes

It is hard to stay focused on anything. I have been more depressed since going back to social media, so I have stopped doing that and getting out a bit more, just in the back yard.

Donā€™t feel guiltyā€¦people are dealing with it all however they can.

Your masks are lovelyā€¦love the floral leopard!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve actually been terrible about de-stashing lately. I used up yards and yards of cotton making masks, but I also ordered a lotā€¦so, that was a wash. Now, Iā€™ve managed to add dozens of skeins of yarn to my stash (but, theyā€™re all for planned gifts). oops

Months ago, someone (canā€™t remember who, sorry) mentioned an old book on economical stitching, and it had instructions for a scrap quilt. Iā€™ve been saving my scraps of fabric and yarn for this project, and, since he loves to cut things up with my pilfered scissors, Iā€™ve employed my 4-year old DS in helping me cut them up to make stuffing. Iā€™m going to put my 8-year old to work making the pillows for the quilt since he wants some practice with the sewing machine.

11 Likes

Thanks for the reminderā€¦I also have a lot of scraps from mask making. I was going to make a scrap quilt, but just not into itā€¦then I decided I was going to make a bunch of drink coasters to send to peopleā€¦but, I also remember the vintage quilt where you make pockets and fill themā€¦I am sure I bookmarked itā€¦I will post here when I find it.Economy Quilt!

5 Likes

@tendstowardschaos great idea! I love that you are getting your kids involved :slight_smile:

AIMR thank you for the link. Now I have added an economy quilt on my blanket making list.

3 Likes

Going outside is a good remedy for sure!

Thanks! The floral leopard was leftover from a maternity blouse I made many moons ago!

2 Likes

Another win for stash! I had promised someone a doll dress made out of 1930s reproduction print fabric a while back, and then the shops closed before I could acquire said fabric. Doll dresses take so little fabric thereā€™s really no point in shopping for it online, but I was able to find something vaguely on-theme from the stash. Thanks, past me!

9 Likes

How much fabric DO you need for your dresses?

1 Like

Pretty fabric!

TheMisterT: Do you have any medium-weight canvas?
Me: Probably. What do you need it for?
TheMisterT: For making baguettes for bahn mi this weekend.
Me: [digs through stash] Will this work?
TheMisterT: I think thatā€™ll be perfect

Couche01

10 Likes

OH! And I made these little box cards from all stash recently, too.

Teacup06

12 Likes

Hahahaha!
TheMistressT Oh so casually drops wizardry magic On the table and saunters off

4 Likes

Those are so cute!

1 Like

BAHAHAAAAA! Itā€™s really not magic, wizardly or otherwise! Just using a cool tool and patiently following directions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Such fun!!

2 Likes