2021 DeStash-Along

Your paper crafts are gorgeous. But, that clutch with the key is especially fab! Is it real cork?

Every single one of these is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see the threads about them!

Well, thank you everyone!

Thanks! I borrowed that idea from a pin I’ve had on my boards for years!

Thank you! Yes it is. I picked up a yard to play with when it was 40% or something. This is actually glued, but I think it might be pretty nice to sew with, too. This is the only kind my JoAnn has, but there are soooo many cool cork fabrics out there that it’s really tempting to dive into cork projects!

3 Likes

One more little all stash project!

4 Likes

Those are so colorful and fun…are those tiny brads on the flowers?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes they are! Here are more pics including showing the brads better.

oh goodness…thanks…I posted another comment there…tiny brad obsession begins in 3-2-1-ZERO!

2 Likes

I did one more monster face for this month, for my new pantry, I hate the knobs that came with it, so I did this little guy as an extra this month, I have two more to think about but I know I want them to all be unique. So who knows what new monsters are going to pop up,

10 Likes

The single random knob is the best part. Hilarious.

1 Like

I’m making quite the dent on my yarn with “Operation Use Up Yarn.” I “edited” the the first photo I shared with my starting yarn collection and "x"ed off the yarn that I used up, or in a few cases (like the orange) where I have used up most, but not all, of the skein.

Yesterday I took another picture of my stash, but I realized that I took it from a different angle, so it’s not quite as easy to see how much has been used.

When I started this bin was filled to the brim. Now, it’s about 1/2 way full!

I have to start slowing down again because I am starting to feel my shoulder not enjoying so much crochet again.

9 Likes

holy cow…that green sure would make some cute little cacti…but please, don’t get wounded in Operation Use Up the Yarn!!!

1 Like

It’s just about to become part of a turtle, but I think I need to take a break before I tackle that. I haven’t been crocheting non-stop like I was with the scarves and taking more breaks, but I can tell I need to rest a little more still.

1 Like

A turtle? I like turtles… :rofl: :heart:

I like turtles…flashback 12 years ago!

1 Like

Funny that you say that…I was just thinking that about 20 min ago.

I was working my stash down slowly but steadily and then, as stash and nature abhor a vacuum, a friend sent me her afghan WiP that she just doesnt enjoy learning how to do. So I have adopted 10 skeins, 2 crochet hooks and a packet of stitch markers.
:musical_note: and a Parrrrrtri-idge in a peaaaaar tree-eee-eeeeeeeeeee :musical_note:

8 Likes

I saw where you posted that earlier. Do you like the afghan WIP and will you enjoy doing it? At least it is a project and not random yarn to figure out what to do with.

1 Like

Oh, gosh, the random yarn is the worst kind of fun. I love looking through it but then I either have to marry it when there’s nothing I can think to do with it or check it for appropriate-to-donate status and then follow through.

I do like the pattern and yarn this time, actually, which is great. All neutral tones and a soft acrylic. It’s a block of the month, so I’ll probably learn new stitches which I’m looking forward to getting into. I’ll offer to give the finished item back to her unless that will just make her think about not following through, idk.

2 Likes

Finished a hat for myself. I still have so much of this yarn left, at least I love the color.

8 Likes

April Themes

Colorful Yarn by Jessica Nichols, on Flickr

Color: Yellow
Pattern: Floral
For: The garden or great outdoors.
Challenge: Spring Cleaning time. We’ve all got things in our stash that we’ve been meaning to use eventually, if only we could figure out what to do with that sweater’s worth of hot pink and purple yarn we’ve been saving since 1987 and have long since lost the pattern. Nothing says you have to keep it forever. You can take those oddities to the Goodwill, give them to a friend, or a local crafting group.

5 Likes

I have a major dilemma :thinking:

I want to make a bed runner, but in order to use the fabric I have got that would be awesome for this project, I need to buy more fabric as a contrast!! Nothing suitable in stash :frowning:

Which also means I have to wait for it to be delivered because the shops aren’t open, so my weekend of crafting this is going to have to be put on hold.

Oh well, at least I have happy mail to make (this also incurred purchases!)

3 Likes