2021 DeStash-Along

Word, sister.
We bought some second hand exercise equipment we’ve yet to even set up. sigh.
I will start with the stretchy fabric I guess.

Wait. This was supposed to be on the mend-along. Clearly my coffee hasn’t done it’s job today! I’m moving it over… :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Here is a sneak peek of the Cloverhog, I am going to unveil him on IG, FB, and all that Jazz on the 17th for obvious reasons. My eldest claimed him almost as soon as I finished baking the face. The original fabric I had picked for him was just :face_vomiting: so I had him sit for a few days, a week, while I agonized over what I was going to do, cut the pattern out of leather, that was horrible too, threw that out, agonized over it for 48 hours. Then thought, this furry brown stuff would work, and then when it was sewed I hated it again and honestly thought I would just toss it for this month, and figured if I was tossing it, I could hack away at it with some scissors and see if I get anything useable. And Excelsior!!!, Cloverhog. Moral of the story, even if you hate something, just make sure it gets finished, you may love it in the end. Heres to hoping we all found our own four-leaf clovers this month.

7 Likes

I am HARD.CORE.squealing! So freaking cute!! Look at his fabulous little face!! Just epic!

If the eldest ever decides to move on, Cloverhog will always have a home in my neck of the woods.

2 Likes

I have a few stash-made items… finally! Between having to purchase to make what I wanted/needed and having to hold off on posting for swap reasons, it’s been awhile. Most of these don’t yet have their own threads as they have been delivered, but not opened! Shhhhhhh.

1. Paper stash busting! Ribbon stash, too!

PillowBox03

Fabric Stash

I have another sewing project underway that is mostly stash, too! And a few more paper projects coming up.

5 Likes

Beautiful, @TheMistressT! I especially like the bird paper project and Nessie with a canoe. Everything can be improved with a cryptid.

2 Likes

These are all so fabulous! I especially like the old-timey key as a closure on that clutch! how creative!!

Your paper crafts are gorgeous. But, that clutch with the key is especially fab! Is it real cork?

Every single one of these is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see the threads about them!

Well, thank you everyone!

Thanks! I borrowed that idea from a pin I’ve had on my boards for years!

Thank you! Yes it is. I picked up a yard to play with when it was 40% or something. This is actually glued, but I think it might be pretty nice to sew with, too. This is the only kind my JoAnn has, but there are soooo many cool cork fabrics out there that it’s really tempting to dive into cork projects!

3 Likes

One more little all stash project!

4 Likes

Those are so colorful and fun…are those tiny brads on the flowers?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes they are! Here are more pics including showing the brads better.

oh goodness…thanks…I posted another comment there…tiny brad obsession begins in 3-2-1-ZERO!

2 Likes

I did one more monster face for this month, for my new pantry, I hate the knobs that came with it, so I did this little guy as an extra this month, I have two more to think about but I know I want them to all be unique. So who knows what new monsters are going to pop up,

10 Likes

The single random knob is the best part. Hilarious.

1 Like

I’m making quite the dent on my yarn with “Operation Use Up Yarn.” I “edited” the the first photo I shared with my starting yarn collection and "x"ed off the yarn that I used up, or in a few cases (like the orange) where I have used up most, but not all, of the skein.

Yesterday I took another picture of my stash, but I realized that I took it from a different angle, so it’s not quite as easy to see how much has been used.

When I started this bin was filled to the brim. Now, it’s about 1/2 way full!

I have to start slowing down again because I am starting to feel my shoulder not enjoying so much crochet again.

9 Likes

holy cow…that green sure would make some cute little cacti…but please, don’t get wounded in Operation Use Up the Yarn!!!

1 Like

It’s just about to become part of a turtle, but I think I need to take a break before I tackle that. I haven’t been crocheting non-stop like I was with the scarves and taking more breaks, but I can tell I need to rest a little more still.

1 Like

A turtle? I like turtles… :rofl: :heart:

I like turtles…flashback 12 years ago!

1 Like