2021 DeStash-Along

Looks like @Trillian hasn’t been on the site since Jan 6. She’s been running the destashalong for as long as I can remember, she’ll probably start a topic for this year. Things can be posted here& moved later if you like.

2 Likes

So I’m starting the new year off by cleaning up my fabric stash. After 1000 masks and 4 lap quilts, two of them from block of the month craft along, my stash was a mess. I use project boxes better known as cat food trays, so fabric bits were e everywhere. I even found the small stash of holiday fabric…too late, of course.

We’ll see how long this lasts. I don’t have much yardage left, most is less than a yard. Then boxes of fat quarters, trays of med small bits and there is even a bin of little bits (green bin on the left). Yardage is stored in large bins elsewhere.

Not quite done yet, but progress has been made. The cheap shelf dividers are great

18 Likes

Enviable!

Ooh, I like the shelf dividers!

1 Like

They are a bit floppy, but I think they will work. I did thread cereal box cardboard into the crossbars on them. It’s so nice to see what I have!

4 Likes

I love having some old jeans around for projects but they do take up space. So one leg became a wine carrier plus some red quilted fabric and a bit of paint. My stash never gets much smaller though.

Full post here: Take It and Go Wine Tote

11 Likes

Once my craft room is all set up I am very excited to be using my stash to craft along with you all this year!
I have started one portable project - but I had to buy what I needed :grimacing:

7 Likes

I did it! Whew, finally used up 2 of 3 Lion brand mandala shawl-in-a-ball cakes. I picked them up in Asheville in the long ago days before covid.

It’s a baby blanket for our new cousin, we’re on the way to visit now so good thing I finally got it done! It’s 29x29"

11 Likes

Looks great, well done getting it done in time!

1 Like

Well, there are ends… we won’t talk about those though… :roll_eyes:

It could use blocking too but we’re on a 5 hr shuttle bus to her town so watcha gonna do?

2 Likes

Five hours? Make it a community builder- dump a bottle of water on it and have 3 strangers hold a corner and pull taut until dry. haha

4 Likes

Posting here to remind myself to DO SOMETHING! I won’t tell y’all how much yardage I have plus other things. Just need to get out of my rut! Anyone else feel this way?

6 Likes

I felt this way, last year especially. I was just overwhelmed with my space. I started going into my craft room and the first thing I picked up I did something with. If I couldn’t think of a craft project I decluttered it. Sometimes I ended up making a bigger mess than when I started but it made me feel productive and got the creative juices flowing some.

7 Likes

Destashed some yarn instead of updating my CV today!!

Made some slipper socks with some yarn I’ve had forever!!

They don’t really match because I winged the changing of colour, but who’s gonna care. If my feet are warm when WFH then that’s great for me.

14 Likes

Sometimes the time I used to spend in my studio was just tidying and organising, not actually crafting, but I didn’t mind it because I was in my happy place :slight_smile: Although, I didn’t throw too much out but I was able to find homes for lots of things :wink:

4 Likes

Busted some unlikely-to-be-used-otherwise printed cardstock and weirdly shaped scraps making 11 thank you notes using a new (free gift) die set. YEY!

6 Likes

How cute is that?! I love his little toe beans😁

1 Like

So pretty! I love the colours! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I (finally) tackled 2 home org projects and managed to do it allll with stash!

First I reconfigured our stupidly-shaped cedar closet; deeper than it is wide. Sigh. I decided to do shelves behind a rod - since mostly we store non-hanging things and the rod is short enough that even if it was full it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to grab a bunch of hangers and lay their contents on the bed.

I had some melamine-laminated sheetgoods and the iron-on tape to finish the front edge leftover from another project shelving project. Then cut pieces from yet another shelving project to use for the supports. I reused the rod after sanding it and cutting it a bit sorter to fit in the wood brackets that I have had FOREVER. YEY!

Second, I used some of the same melamine material to add two shelves to our mug cupboard. I had the shelf pegs for a mystery reason.

12 Likes

@TheMistressT Better storage is always a win. Making the shelves shorter is brilliant. I should do this for our fake cedar closet (now the cleaning and cat food closet) and the bathroom closet which has incredibly deep shelves. Who knows what’s back there anymore?

We have some very un storage-friendly closets built into our 1950s home, awkward and I’ve not yet figured out a fix without deconstructing and starting over.

And I used nothing but stash for this little mini kitten lap quilt:

9 Likes