2021 Sustainable mend-along

Shorts? Cut one leg from one pair, one from another and mix it up harlequin style? A vest? Project bags? Ipad covers?

I could layer them to make one very warm but also randomly peekaboo pair, lol!

7 Likes

Omg. Do this.

I am going to look a bit poofy if I do…

Don’t pay attention to what other people think. Dance to your own drummer. Do you own thing. Listen to your own heart. Follow the song of your most sustainable self.

And if those inspirational words aren’t enough… embrace the poof.

3 Likes

Ha, poofy just means extra warm.

2 Likes

And free to snack at will! “What? It’s the pants. They’re poofy. Pass the cookies.”

3 Likes

LOL, you gals :smile:

3 Likes

I did some boring mending that I didn’t take pictures of. Mr Imma wears a lot of hoodies and he always rips off the pockets when he’s working. I’m eternally sewing those back on.

3 Likes

@Magpie your mended clothes are so cute! I am all over those polka dots.

2 Likes

My DH had a holey pair of jeans he just wears for yard work. I dragged them out today to practice mending. I reinforced the crotch, which was wearing thin, and patched a large hole in the knee. I had to open the side seam to fix the knee. I still have the cuffs to fix.

8 Likes

Looks great! I was always taught that white straight stitches blend in with denim fabric and you have showed it’s true!

3 Likes

I need to do this to my Jean’s. I looked.down at them when I was in the bathroom and that crotch seam is mighty thin!

2 Likes

I used a very dark and a very light blue, trying to match the shade of the wash, and the wear on the fabric.

4 Likes

wow…excellent blend…I will have to remember that trick!

2 Likes

Today, I caught my black fleece vest on a nail, and my first thought was, I can do some fun visible mending! Then, I realized that it didn’t create a tear, and I was slightly disappointed :laughing:

9 Likes

@craftADDchick mend it anyway…no one will ever know but us.

2 Likes

and we are easily bribed into silence with a crafty trinkets… :laughing:

4 Likes

You guys are so on my wavelength, I was all “Nothing wrong with a little… embellishment.” Ha!

4 Likes

LOL! It does have a spot that could use covering up- a student gave me a sticker that I stuck on it. It went through the wash and the glue residue has been there ever since. Now, I’ll cover it up with some stitching I think! Thanks for the idea, ladies!

5 Likes