2022 Destash-Along

Done!
Coasters for work mates including one sunny yellow & another with mountains & a scatter of clouds in the sky.

Very much wanted to try an economy square. I obviously did not measure anything because, well, I just don’t.

Also mugrugs for my sis & step mama,

they can choose their own sizes etc but I have an idea who will prefer which.

I don’t really “get” mugrugs either. I’m not eating cookies off them, that feels weird to me. I do have a water jug & cup I keep by the bed & another set at the office though & that seems to fit just right.

12 Likes

Looooovvvvve the mountains! Perfect choices of fabrics! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love this prompt! I need to use some stuffs so I can buy more stuffs

3 Likes

The April prompt has me already plotting & planning!

3 Likes

Spring is a heavy birthday time for my peeps, so when I saw something like this on pinterest I decided to do a few for some of the upcoming spring (and one summer) birthday! All the papers, stamps, gems, etc. are from stash. I did buy candles and the matchbooks, though. Now I have a matchbook stash, because the box had 100 in it. :person_shrugging:

10 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

1 Like

Yay! I’m hoping to properly participate this year. We just moved and my craft stash is, unfortunately, still packed, but the goal this year is to use up or donate at least 1/2 of my stash. I don’t have any one particular craft-love so I’ve got supplies for lots of different kinds of crafts, another of my goals is to use up the oldest item in each “type” section.

3 Likes

Ooo! It will be fun to watch your progress!

Delia’s April Fools Day disguise: The Schmawzalotl was all stash.

It’s sheer luck that I have a generic hot pink anything, let alone polar fleece which was the perfect material for this. And sheer luck that while mulling over what to stuff them with I remembered not only that I had caulk backer rod, but knew exactly where it was. WOO!

10 Likes

This is just such a great prompt for April. Tonight I started my project - got my base ready, washing some supplies, gathering together other supplies. Doing it all from stash!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see what you make!

I made my first rag wreath (and I say “first” because can definitely see this becoming an addiction) all from stash for the recent flat rate swap. Some fabrics I know I inherited from the stash of a woman who passed in 1997, the rest all date from there out. I love how it came out and I think part of why I took so long finishing the rest of the crafting for that swap was to keep it hanging in my space longer! Haha

This pic shows the colors better.

12 Likes

It’s amazing that you had so many fabrics that all work so well together for this wreath! It’s so very spring-y!

1 Like

Hoo-boy! After probably 16 or so hours of digging, planning, cutting, and sewing I have made 4 mismatched throw pillow covers for our new sofa! All the fabric is stash as well as the notions. I did buy 2 of the 3 sizes of cord to make the piping.

CordingTrio01

EDIT: I just realized that these might fit a couple of the April prompts! The color yellow, and the random “pattern.”

11 Likes

I did some crafting from stash. Very small amounts of everything, but I did use up some safety eyes:

12 Likes

These are adorable! I find it very difficult to really make a noticeable dent in stash myself, but it’s still nice to have completed projects that required little or no newly bought supplies!

2 Likes

Does it count if I busted someone else’s tee-shirt stash? I’ve somehow ended up as the person for photojournalists-who-know-my-friend-Sol to go to for turning their tees into quilts! (OK, well him and two of his friends). :person_shrugging:

I did use batting & thread from my stash, though! And have hardly any extra cotton or flannel left over, which I consider a big win. :checkered_flag:

14 Likes

Helping others with their stash totally counts!

I was waiting for my swap partner to receive from the fill a flat rate box swap. The swap was perfect motivation for me because I went through some of my stash and found items I had forgotten I had. For the crocheted purse I did buy the hardware.

NSFW swear words. I’m totally in love with this project. I really hope she likes it.

10 Likes

Quick-ish stash-only box card to include with a barely-any-stash gift.

8 Likes

I’ve been using up loads of little bitty stash scraps, soon I’ll have a whole whack of things to post. Until then, here’s this teeny weeny offering of a sweary little bit sent to somebody who needed some more eff bombs in their life, haha.

Fun!

12 Likes