2022 Destash-Along

Fun and funky! And a great way to use up the odds and ends!

1 Like

There is a destash event happening in a couple of weekends’ time! I don’t know if I’ll get there in time after kid’s sport, but I’ll give it a go. I might even be able to take my pale green fabric and find some blenders for my monopoly quilt.

Where I talked about the green fabric

4 Likes

I made a knit friend from all stash and I love him.

2 Likes

2 doggie blankies for my brothers dogs.

I had an old duvet cover that I tried to get washed at the launderette, basically I melted the outer layer in the tumble dryer rendering it not washable.i had considered sending it to pet charities for needs but with covid they weren’t accepting them.

Chopped it in half and covered it in denim that’s been in stash for more than 10 years.

Has to do a bit of Franken-sewing on the 2nd because I didn’t want to use a different batch of denim and wanted to use as much of this as possible. A small amount of scraps leftover!

6 Likes

Lucky dogs!

1 Like

I made 11 cards with all stash. WOOT. Took ages, though.

4 Likes

Yeah, I love this!!! The blankets turned out awesome! Denim would be a perfect fabric for dog stuff- very sturdy.

1 Like

They’re about to get tested so we’ll find out

2 Likes

Two stash projects this weeks! “Antlers” for Mavis…

and some shaker cards my MIL and I made.

The only thing bought for either was the plastic for the front of the shakers as I’d already busted my stash of rescued cello, etc.

6 Likes

ONly FIVE MORE DAYS until December!? How did we get here already?

DECEMBER
Color: Green
Pattern: Plant-like patterns: leaves, acorns, flower buds, rose hips, blades of grass, etc.
For: Tying up loose ends, closing doors behind us, preparing for a fresh a start.
Challenge: The thing you’ve not yet got around to or have been putting off. Wrap up a WIP that you thought for-sure you would finish this year, but haven’t or make that idea that won’t leave your mind no matter how many other things you do instead. Use that stash that won’t stop calling to you! Use the oldest AND the newest stash in one piece or in frenzied destash-a-thon! Show your stash who is boss (hint: it’s YOU) one last time before 2023.

5 Likes

Sitter Boxes for the cats in the extended family. All the fabric is stash! Some of it probably at least 15 years old. WOO!

SitterBoxes01

9 Likes

Are the cats supposed to sit in these boxes?

1 Like

Yes, ma’am! Here’s their topic which explains them a bit.

1 Like

They are very cool, although my cat would probably choose NOT to sit in it if I made one.

Hehe. Cats, man. Hopefully because most of these cats haven’t even met me they can be trapped!

8 Likes

Using some stash cotton to make some random baubles…thought I used up my stash of this size styrofoam balls, but then I found another entire bin of them! I would love a whole bunch of these to make a sort of bauble bunting!

11 Likes

Love these!

1 Like

Oh cute! Are they easy to make?

Very easy! And since all the ends will be inside, no weaving required!

5 Likes

If you’re looking for another inspiration to bust some stash before the end of the year, consider making something for the Green Holiday “Greens” Challenge!

3 Likes