2022 Destash-Along

It’s cloudy, dang it!

I ordered most of these from Aliexpress but the best rainbow throwers are from a high-end crystal shop. I feel like I can’t possible have too many of them so I’ll be putting one very good quality crystal on my yearly wish list for family to give me. They always ask what I want & I never had a good answer before now.
I even made some little ones into earring.

I told @Pigeon I’m “crystal rainbow woman” now, she was not supportive of that name change :smile:

10 Likes

Sorry, dude, you’ll always be Magpie in our house. Lol
(Fun note: that’s an exalted penny in those wings ha!)

7 Likes

I love it, look at that face! My Precccciiioooouuussss pennnnnnyyyy! LOL!

2 Likes

I had no idea they were large like that! WOW!

No more name changes, but you can use it as an AKA with your other previous name! They all fit, but I think your current one is the most beloved and befitting!

1 Like

I just destashed this incredible piece of fabric to a friend of Rob’s.

I’ve had it for decades, it has history for me & is beyond special. But it’s doing nothing for me folded up in the closet.
It was made in Isfahan Iran, hand spun, woven & printed. He’s Persian, I think he will be very surprised to receive it.

14 Likes

That is a wonderful gift…I have a gorgeous blue and white tablecloth from Greece that sits in a packing box…I know a Greek family that might be interested in it and will use it. We just don’t use tablecloths unless they are specific holiday ones.

2 Likes

That’s amazing.

June is just around the corner! Let’s see what stash we can bust before the second half of 2022!

JUNE
Color: Rainbow
Pattern: Geometrics
For: Celebrations
Challenge: Rainbows seem like the sky is celebrating! Bring that natural joy to a gathering or milestone in your life or the life someone you care about. Baked goods, serving pieces, banners/buntings, flags, tabletop décor, door décor, greeting cards, gift wrap, signs for windows (home, work, car, camper…), jewelry, etc.

6 Likes

Luckily I have more crystals, lol.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Rainbow on!

Daughter has decided she’s over dollhouse minis so most of the big, huge collection I “destashed” to her a few years ago is headed to the thrift store.

I did stuff a few cute things into the tchotchke sheves.

And some more select items will get mailed to a few lucky peeps.
I feel good about letting this stuff go…

8 Likes

There will be some happy shoppers at the thrift store!

1 Like

…miniatures??? :heart_eyes: (Is that a grandfather clock?)

It is, it’s rough though. I could knock something better together with cardboard.

Yeah, I keep looking at the grandfather clock options online & they’re all pretty sad. Phoey.

I didn’t use them all but these felt cut outs have been in my stash for maybe 2 decades.

13 Likes

Some stash has been used!

Some 1x2s & red oxide paint for this beast:

Had stashed the vintage table runner a few years ago & had the ric rac on hand. Same for threads, floss, and beads.

The mirror was stored in our shop for years:
BookCovers01

Flour sack towels & 3 of 4 HTV:

All stash!

Wood button “feet” and papers & embellishments.

Paints:

All the papers:

10 Likes

Another destash project! The wood and the sawtooth hangers. And used up the last of the construction adhesive!

9 Likes

Next month stuff! JULY
Color: Red
Pattern: Dots & Spots
For: Shelter
Challenge: Umbrellas and parasols, awnings/canopies/flies, hats & visors, cozies/coozies, shades & screens, slipcovers. Covers for critters, your cuppa, the corn-on-the-cob at the company picnic! Also anything that could be donated to human and animal shelters & rescues, immigrant & refugee support organizations, natural disaster assistance, reintegration programs, any group that helps provide physical, mental, emotional shelter to any who are in need.

6 Likes

Ahh, July is a House is a House for Me! With a love your community twist. Love that book.

1 Like