2022 Destash-Along

I did a couple more projects and they were mostly from stash!

The copper mirror was ALL stash. WOO!

The gilt switchplate is all stash except the actual switch plate. I couldn’t really use the one that was already on there, because it’s the kind with no visible screws and requires you be able to flex the plastic front to get it off.

In fact, I even lost the screws for this sometime during the project, but I had extras in my stash. HA!

9 Likes

ALL STASH! Whoop! Christmas photo card saver.

7 Likes

Another all stash project done!

7 Likes

So cute! Are the eyes brads?

Thank you! The eyes are enamel dots.

1 Like

Very cute!

I am not getting anything done. I’m on a marathon project that is taking a lot longer than planned and I feel like all my possible craft time needs to go towards finishing it.

2 Likes

You can do it!

2 Likes

I feel the same about my decision to make 9 Christmas in July elf hats in a month.

I bought the yarn to do this when there were only 6 kids. So does that make it stash? :thinking:

4 Likes

It sounds like really top notch Stash Prevention! :thinking: :upside_down_face:

My attempt at a destash project for Sitewide Challenge last week FAILED HARD. But I did use all stash to make a sun shade for the one window in the house that I haven’t done window coverings for yet. it is SSE facing and so was taking a bit of a beating during this heat wave.

LibraryWindowShade01

LibraryWindowShade02

5 Likes

Well, shoot. I should’ve saved that last one :arrow_up: for August. D’oh!

August
Color: Blue
Pattern: Ovals
For: Outside
Challenge: New porch décor, something for the deck or pool, picnic/camping gear, lawn games, playhouse, car antenna, window box, gardening/yardwork/harvest caddies, snowman accessories, hats/coats, rain/snow gauge, patio furniture, mailbox decorations, bird/bat house, play equipment for kids/pets/squirrels… anything that is meant for the fresh air!

4 Likes

My llama pillow projects were made solely from stash other than the pillow inserts.

6 Likes

September Prompts are up!

September
Color: Neutrals – all the browns & greys, stark black and/or white.
Pattern: Herringbone/chevron
For: Someone you have never made for or seldom make for – this could be YOU.
Challenge: Take a chance with a monochrome palette! Use textures to create variation by combining different media and/or by taking something flat and making it three-dimensional or visa versa.

2 Likes

My renewed motivation to steadily destash involves finishing WiPs and continuing clearing space to get the stash to a level I enjoy. In August I shipped a box of yarn out via the use it or lose it thread. So that made some room in the yarn cabinet. Struggling hard from April through August was a big crush of the spirit of motivation (first we all got Covid starting 2 days before vacation in April and then the husband’s major heart attack 2 days before the planned June vacation and the rehab road from then to now). I’m just going to say Spring and Summer was a wash for 2022 and look forward to what I’m calling “Awesome Autumn” kickstarting with “Sweet September.”

We took a big financial hit with the timing of these unpleasant adventures so I’m going to be working extra hard to “use what I have” and still enjoy the crafting. I’ll have to take a hiatus from swaps due to shipping costs, but perhaps I can make some well-suited Christmas/birthday gifts from what I have already and hold them aside for when they’re needed.

10 Likes

Here is to a truly Awesome Autumn for you and yours! You’ve really had a s-word spring and summer so it’s past time for some awesome.

3 Likes

Oopsie! I added the September prompts to the top a couple days ago, but didn’t mention them in the thread. Here they are!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m looking forward to a pleasant “plot twist” in the personal story that is 2022. And crafting, lots of crafting. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re on the way to donate a carload of stuff, I resisted keeping any clothes made of nice fabrics but I did take some beads back out. I tried, I really did.

9 Likes

awww…one step at a time…

My mother passed away and as a child of the depression, could not throw anything of potential value away. Not quite a hoarder, but every cupboard and closet was full. She also married again at 60 and joined two households. My brother, sister and I have the fun of clearing her house. Oh, and she sewed.
I live half a continent away which makes it easier to resist taking things home. And she also liked knits and non cotton fabrics. We came across so many beautiful pieces of fabric, she had lovely taste and was a wonderful seamstree in her day. It was hard to bag it all up for donation. Bag after bag afterbag.
Luckily the local thrift store is taking anything of usefulness.
And there are the bags and bags of old jars, plastic tubs, mismatched bits and pieces. We are all past retirement age and tired.
But I’ve gathered some fun stuff to craft with. Balanced against the mountain of donations and trash, not bad.

9 Likes