2022 Mend and maintain-along

Cute!

2 Likes

Here’s the finished pair from the other day. Reading back I see I forgot all about those sweatpants. Maybe this weekend…

My next mission is to find something larger than my biggest mending mushroom so I can weave a bigger darn on yet another sock. Good thing I enjoy darning my socks (and admiring my heels when I wear the socks later)

8 Likes

I have a sweater needing a mend and I want to do something funky but the hole falls on the bottom hem, front and center, so it would be a bit… “hey! Look at my crotch!!” which really isnt a look i go for so I’m giving a think in it.

4 Likes

More of a maintain, but this is the dog bed fixing I did last week. The center cushion was pretty dead and when Delia used this bed (by the woodstove) she would try to lay on the back bolster part! So I used some foam from another, unused dog bed and covered it with some green upholstery fabric I was given a few years ago.

I put it under the nearly dead cushion to make it still smell right and all that.

And for my trouble, she’s still not using that bed. Who knows what goes on in her little dog brain? :smile:

8 Likes

I have a big one!

Seems like it wouldn’t be difficult to make these…

8 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

3 Likes

Did a small/easy mend today. The snail decoration on this sun hat faded off in the wash so I had the Child pick from several patches that I had no business buying years ago.
Boom! Purchase validated. :laughing:

13 Likes

Perfect! Also - I’m pretty sure I had that horse as a child…:thinking:

3 Likes

You very well might have, she was mine as a kid! This particular horse is about 45 years old and still going strong.

5 Likes

Maybe close? I think it got bounced off the springs at some point. Too bad we did have the mend and maintain attitude about it!

11 Likes

Very close! I don’t have an easily accessible pic of me on it, but this little guy loves it, too:

8 Likes

Lol. I think you have the bigger, deluxe version. :wink:

I have my mom’s scrapbooking to thank for the easy pic access.

3 Likes

That’s perfect! Fits with the ”use what you have” craft along too.

My work out trousers have the logo printed down the leg, and it’s crumbling off, spreading orange flakes. Unfortunately I’d need A Lot of patches to cover it up…

I don’t really mind wearing worn/weird outfits to the gym, but my partner is a bit more sensitive :laughing: And since we go together most of the time I’ve been thinking of ways to spruce up my trousers.

I guess I should just suck it up and shorten/hem my other pair.

2 Likes

Oh, and it’s april already! Good thing I wrote the prompts in advance. I’ll have to see if I can do something for this prompt today. It’s probably time to give the wooden utensils some love again since someone keeps putting them in the dishwasher.

4 Likes

I patched two pillowcases today! You’ve seen those boring ugly things a few times before, so I didn’t take a picture (or honestly, I just already put them in the washing machine without thinking about it).

I’m still holding out buying new sets, because we’re going to do up our bedroom next year and I want sheets, curtains and wallpaper that go together. But these pillowcases are wearing so thin that they’re not going to last. In my stash I found a single bed sized duvet cover, looks basically new. I think an old roommate left it but we don’t own a single bed. So I’m glad I’ve found a new purpose for it!

6 Likes

I feel like that patch might be better than the original! Super fun!

3 Likes

My mending pile is gone!!!

• One duvet cover, the top was wearing thin and frayed. So I sewed the opening at the bottom closed and opened up the top. I cut away the fraying and hemmed it again. We can use it upside down now!
  • I found an as good as new singled bed sized duvet cover in my stash, we don’t have a single bed anymore. So I ripped open the seams and used one side of the duvet cover to make three new pillowcases. That tiny scrap in the left hand corner is all that was left over!

I also fixed a bunch of tiny holes that aren’t really worth mentioning and only took 5 minutes per item, but some of them were in the pile for months.

9 Likes

Awesome! So, I’m boxing up the heap of stuff next to my chair, what’s your address? :laughing::wink:

5 Likes

Couldn’t sleep due to a congested nose and a persistent cough. So instead of staring into nothing in the dark and disturbing my husband’s sleep, I came back here (my office and LC). Decided to tackle a couple of bras that went from supportive to stabby, that were waiting by my desk for ages.I stabbed them back with a needle and a bit of thread, and I hopefully have these two bras back in service now.

9 Likes

Finally had the serger out & threaded with the right colour to fix a tiny hole in the side of a work cardi. It’s been there for about 3 years, took less than 15 seconds to stitch up :roll_eyes:. What’s that all about?

6 Likes